His teeth coming in are making him hard to live with!

MY son is 16 months and I think both molars and his eye teeth are trying to brake skin right now and I can not stand his little attitude towards everything. He is either screaming at everything, refusing to eat but demanding to eat, wakes up ALL through the night whining....I give him tylenol but it doesnt help how can I make this a little easier for him?

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:41 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Giving your baby anything cold to numb his teeth. Giving him cool treats like a popsicle could even help or a partially frozen washcloth. Try doing that before meal time, and then you might have better luck getting him to eat. Before bed, i'd give him something cold again, with the tylenol, and just hope for a good night. Those poor teeth hurt! You could try using some of the baby orajel which now comes in day gel and night gel. If you do this, make sure to read the label carefully because you can only use it so often and for so long. I hope this helps and that things get easier. Hang in there
    princessj05

Answer by princessj05 at 7:06 PM on May. 19, 2009

• my son is almost 2 and still cutting. he likes to drink applesauce with a straw. it helps him eat foods after and calms him down. if its really bad, a little bit of baby tylenol works fine.
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 7:26 PM on May. 19, 2009

• MOTRIN for pain. Why let them suffer? Tylenol for fever.
    Anonymous

• Motrin works better for teething.
    Anonymous

• My son was a breeze when it came to teething.I didn't even know he was cutting teeth.My daughter is a holly tarror.She chews on everything.I'm always pulling something out of her mouth. I give her infent motrin when it gets bad.Most of the time an odder pops works.It's cold and numbs her mouth for a while.Her little gums are swallen on the sides.She's getting her top mollers in at the same time.Her bottum ones just broke through.I also give her ice cubes to chew on.I'm still breastfeeding her at one in a half.So food isn't her main consurn right now.Just making the pain go away.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 8:29 PM on May. 19, 2009

• When the teeth are just cutting thru, I know ours will quit eating anything but fruit, or mac/cheese, or mashed potatoes. And sometimes, not in that order. Try feeding him peaches, mandarin oranges, canned pears (the softest ones, diced or smashed.) Also, those yogurts, or drinkable yogurts. And he's frustrated, because he WANTS to eat, but it HURTS to eat. The Motrin & Tylenol can be given alternately every 2-4 hours. They are both pain relievers and fever reducers, however those molars are BIG, and our dentist said they would hurt BAD, and to try to relieve the pain. Boy, were they right! It was way worse than his other teeth. Good luck. And remember that he needs Mommy's comforting arms, too! That's the best!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 8:39 PM on May. 19, 2009