Why does my mom do this to me?

My mom has depression I know this. And sometimes she will throw herself a pity party and make me feel bad. today, because I cant go to my sisters award ceremony with her she tells me she didnt want to go alone and she is just going to go home and overdose before going. I am only 23 years old why do I have to deal with this? She constantly talks about how my step dad ran out on her (this is pretty recent) but they never had a normal marriage so I dont know why she misses him when he was here she always said she wanted to kick him out. I have my own depression to deal with and she makes it worst by saying stuff. Why does she do it to me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• It helps her feel a little better if se makes someone else feel worse. Your 23 you should save your money and move out so you dont have to deal with her and if you dont live with her stop talking to her give her a few warnings to get help or you quit. GL! I know how you feel my mom is the SAME way with me....here if you want to talk more.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:53 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Your Mom needs a job, hobby or take some classes. See to it that she does something to improve herself and she will feel better.
    Anonymous

• I agree, try to move out. She needs to speak to a doctor about her depression issues. I've dealt with this similar behavior with my mother, and i moved out, yet still had to deal with the phone calls and her visits, finally she realized that something needed to change, and now she's on an anti-depressant and I have never been so happy to be around her. Hang in there and i surely hope that one day your mom will see what she is doing to her family.
    princessj05

Answer by princessj05 at 6:59 PM on May. 19, 2009

• ur mom needs a booty call lol
    Anonymous

• I dont live at home. I live in my own apartment with my two year old son and fiance. We were talking on the phone.

My mom works in the medical field so she has a job and she works like 10 hour days usually.
    Anonymous

• hon i have a mother like that too anytime you want to talk pleaseeeeeeeeeeee let me know lol and god help us lol
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 7:09 PM on May. 19, 2009

• O and she is on like 5 diff anti depressants too! I just dont know what to do. Why does she do this when she knows i have depression as well. I try my hardest to be happy because I have a son but she talks like that to me and brings me down.
    Anonymous

• anonymous my mother broke me down intill i meet my husband all i did was work and come home it sounds like your mother is doing the same thing as my mother did to me the only thing i can tell you no wait what i can tell you is get out it won't stop it will get worse save your money and get out if your mother is doing what my mother did to me and i do NOT talk to my mother anymore she tried to brake my husband and i up stay strong dont let her take you down just remember one thing ok
    there is a life out there and it has your name on it go have fun enjoy life your 23 don't let your mother tell you what to do hon ok i hope i helped some
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 7:19 PM on May. 19, 2009