Step Child Issues

I have been dating my boyfriend for 3 years now & his 4 year old daughter is great with me. She listens & obeys my rules. She's a good girl.
What I cannot stand is that when her Father is around she starts to talk like a baby & pouts her face & make baby noises. & the one thing is she'll cry & say " I want my Mommy, I miss my Mommy!" when she does not want to eat dinner or get what she wants ONLY with her Father!
I have had this conversations with my BF plenty of times & he is great at listening to what I have to say. What annoys me is that I have to keep reminding him. He is a first time Father & was separated from the baby's Mom at 6 months after the baby came....
I love them both &I have no kids, I work full time. I have been very patience with her. & he's talking about getting married soon.
Will it get better? As she gets older will it all stop eventually? Any Step Moms out there have any advise?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I'm a step mom and I have always felt like it would have been easier to have came into their life at an earlier age they were 7 and 8 years old at the time and I was easier with one of the children when it came to rules and things like that, but the other one was really bad, lied, stole, and we had a hard time with him, he no longer lives with us he lives with his grandparents. They don't have many rules or responsibilitiesfor him.

I honestly wouldn't have a problem with a 4 year old talking like a baby...she is a baby and she's daddy's girl. If you don't have any kids of your own or together then there shouldn't be any jealousy issues on your part. I would be ok with him enjoying her being little, they grow up so fast as it is. I say let her be 4 years old, she's not even in kindergarden yet.
    Anonymous

• REGARDING FIRST ANSWER
    Yes she is still a baby, BUT why allow her to act that way when she knows she's a big girl & she knows how to act.
    I am an Aunt of 8 & I pretty much know how to be a parent.
    Anonymous

• Again, she is only 4 she is going to grow up fast let her be babyish at 4 when she's older trying to act like a 4 year old than get on her about it. Let daddy enjoy his baby girl and let her be herself right now she will grow out of it on her own. When she is school age she will start being more of a big girl.

Being an aunt and being a parent are two different things. Sorry!!
    Anonymous

• No, I pratically raised my neice & nephews! I do know what parenting is.....................
    Lai1985

Answer by Lai1985 at 7:33 PM on May. 19, 2009

• People say I love him/her like if they were my own. It's not true I don't care what people say. Yes you do love them, but it's different when their your own. If it was your biological daughter you would be more understanding and something in your heart would not allow you to feel mad at her for talking like a baby or making a pouty face you would think it was cute. If she was throwing tantrums I could totally see your point.
    Anonymous

• Yes, she totally throws tantrums, she pukes when she does not want to eat. Pouts & cries in the stores when she does not get something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on May. 20, 2009