The best groundcover for a playground area

We are going to be sectioning off a part of our backyard to put the kid's outside toys in. Basically a playground area for the junglegyms and other stuff. Does anyone have any suggestions on the type of ground cover to use. We don't want to keep it grass. Mulch is possible, but DD always gets dirty at parks that have mulch. Pea gravel seems to be a pretty good option, does anyone have any experience with that? Oh and sand is out because our neighbor feeds stray cats....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I am not sure what it's called, but I've seen it on outdoor playgrounds...mostly at some fast food places. But it looks like concrete, but it's made of some sort of tough, durable rubber material. It's easy to clean, won't get the kids dirty, and won't hurt too badly if fallen on.
    Anonymous

• There are rubber chips that are supposed to be good, they are softer that pebbles.

Answer by Bmat at 10:01 PM on May. 19, 2009

• sand, if you dont have alot of stray cats in your area
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 1:31 AM on May. 21, 2009

• The rubber mulch works great!
    belleandelismom

Answer by belleandelismom at 11:45 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I believe thats recycled tires,ladies. Ive seen it around myself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on May. 22, 2009