Plant or weed?

Photobucket

plant

Do you know what this is? Is it a plant or a weed? It popped up in my garden and its the ONLY one of its kind. I planted some seeds that never sprouted so I dont know if its one of those or something else...

hug4akiss

Asked by hug4akiss at 7:09 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I know its kind of hard to see but thse pictures should be all you need
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 7:10 PM on May. 19, 2009

• It looks very sturdy and healthy. It must be a weed,
    MACY7108

Answer by MACY7108 at 7:14 PM on May. 19, 2009

• well ive been watering it and taking care of it and its been there awhile....I just want to know if I should continue watering it or if im just nurturing a weed!
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 7:22 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I also had a BUNCH of weeds growing around that area and I found this when weeding..I kept it because none of the other weeds looked anything like it...
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 7:23 PM on May. 19, 2009

• it looks more like a tree sprout to me.... with a brown trunk its usually not a weed until its "older". also its fork shape says tree to meee!! yay for trees!
    emaree

Answer by emaree at 7:54 PM on May. 19, 2009

• It does look like a tree. I wish there was a book of weeds so wecould learn what is herb,weed or plant~Let me know if you find one~lol
    cheriV

Answer by cheriV at 9:24 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I can't get a good look at the leaves. My first thought was tree, too, but there is a weed that has purple berries that looks a lot like this and does spread so is a nuisance. What did you plant? Maybe if we know this we'll know whether this plant is what you planted? I wouldn't remove it yet in case it is something you want to keep.

Answer by Bmat at 9:59 PM on May. 19, 2009

• in that general area I planted tomatoes but I know its not that because I have a bunch of toamtoe plants...the only trees around that area are pepper trees and I know thats not it...i planted egg plants and peppers in that general area to...I also planted basils but I grew those somewhere else and they dont loook anything like that...Im starting to think it may just be a weed...but its been there for like a month or two..its about 2 inch tall and it hasnt made any others...I also planted carrots and pumpkins but they dont look like that. Should I just wait and see if it grows something on it?
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 10:09 PM on May. 19, 2009

• or get rid of it..
    hug4akiss

• looks like a bush of some kind.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:03 PM on May. 19, 2009