Where to have 1st bday party? Theme?

Where have you had your child's first birthday? Or where you thinking about? I was thinking a small park or my apartment club house/pool, but will like some other ideas. My apartment is to small for more then one child running around.
Also what theme's did you use? I was thinking maybe baby Einstein since he loves the movies so much. Not to sure yet though? Open to ideas!

starbucks_mama

Asked by starbucks_mama at 7:12 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Keep it simple. We had a little party at my grandma's house with close family and a couple friends. Our theme was jungle animals that I found at Meijer but there are some great plate/cup sets at the dollar stores. I made a homemade cake with homemade buttercream frosting. As other posters have said. . . a large party is for you not for your baby. They won't remember it and can get overwhelmed very easy. Plan around nap time and be flexable
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 10:08 PM on May. 20, 2009

• the theme for my sons bday party is going to be cowboys since he loves the sing a long "oh a cowboy needs a horse". i would definitely go for a park. they have playgrounds there and plenty of room to run around. try to get a park with a shelter in case it starts to rain so no one has to get wet.
    kelsey.evans08

Answer by kelsey.evans08 at 7:14 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Your baby is still too young to have nineteen kids running around lol....one or two friends that are children will be more then enough play buddies for him. I had mine in my small apartment ONLY invite those REALLY close and apologize to the rest. They get overwhelmed SO easily and you dont want to ruin their first birthday with too much activity. I picked a theme of BUGS because at that age and still my son loves them so pick what he loves the most! I used construction paper, bought a helium tank and balloons and that is how I decorated and he LOVED it all! GL
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:16 PM on May. 19, 2009

• my daughter just turned one we used our complex pool hose wich was perfect and as far as a theme i just got doller store decerations and then a tinkerbell cake and pinata that matched the flowers on everything, since you have a boy and i dont know what your budget is, mine wasnt very big, you could try lil dinasourse or somthing like cars ....my lil girl loves to play with hotwheels cars and stuff and shes one so maybe your son would enjoy that
    i_luv_my_Marley

Answer by i_luv_my_Marley at 7:21 PM on May. 19, 2009

• we simply did a "first birthday" theme. party city had some great things all that said happy first birthday.
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 7:23 PM on May. 19, 2009

• You're supposed to have the number of kids attending that is the age of the bday child. So if 1 is the bday, you should have 1 additional child. That's because it's too overwhelming for the bday kid. That said, no one follows that rule but here's a thought. Do what makes you most comfortable because your 1 year old isn't going to really understand or remember. Not to sound callous, it's just a fact.
    Anonymous

• I am having a little "party" at a local restaurant, just for close family members. It's basically just so they can see the baby, take pics, etc. On my baby's actualy b-day, her daddy and I are spending the day with her...just a quiet day together.

No themes or anything like that. I may get a bakery cake, but I'm not going overboard for a b-day she won't remember.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:35 PM on May. 19, 2009