Bad dreams...anyone have them during pregnancy?

I've been having reoccuring dreams about my husband leaving me for other women and not wanting to have anything to do with the baby. I wake up scared and feel like it is really going to happen but i know its not. I still dont like the feeling. He keeps reassuring me he isnt going to leave. Did anyone else have these types of dreams nearing the end of their pregnancy? Im 8 months

CJK_2009

Asked by CJK_2009 at 7:13 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-2 Credits)
  • not exactly that dream...but, yes, pregnant women are more likely to have the strangest, weirdest or even scariest dreams ever.... you're fine...don't get paranoid about that actually happening...it' might drive your husband crazy if you keep asking him if he's going to leave you.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 7:15 PM on May. 19, 2009

• ooh yeah i did. i still do. i think i need to go see someone about it thats how bad they are.
    kelsey.evans08

Answer by kelsey.evans08 at 7:16 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Oh honey, you're SO not alone. I had horrible dreams of my fiance having sex with much prettier, NON-pregnant women. I had weird, vivid dreams my entire pregnancy. I read somewhere that it has to do with all the emotions and hormones running through your body.

Come to think of it, I haven't had any weird/horrible dreams since I had my daughter. So maybe they'll go away =D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:16 PM on May. 19, 2009

• OMG yes, I've has them my whole pregnancy but lately they have gotten worse. Mine are also about my bf cheating on me, then I get alot of dreams about someone trying to hurt me/baby. And since I first found out I was prego I've been having reoccuring dreams that I'm having a girl (even though i know it's a boy!)
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:16 PM on May. 19, 2009

• im glad im not the only one....i feel like im going to go insane cuz of them
    CJK_2009

Answer by CJK_2009 at 7:17 PM on May. 19, 2009

• And I'd also like to add...one time, after I had one of the fiance cheating dreams, I was so pissed at him the next day. I wouldn't talk to him and he couldn't figure out why. I all of a sudden started screaming "YOU CHEATED ON ME IN MY DREAM!"

LOL. I was such an emotional wreck.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:17 PM on May. 19, 2009

• yea ive had some pretty bizarre dreams since becomong pregnant...and they only get weirder...Ive had cheating dreams...baby being stll born dreams...baby comeing out like a monster...weird dreams involving breastfeeding...
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 7:18 PM on May. 19, 2009

• and just flat out bizarre dreams about stuff that made no sence
    hug4akiss

• oh im so glad im not the only one that has them either!!! im 6 months and i've done the same thing.. dreaming my SO was cheating on me and threatened to take our son to florida with her!!! ahh.. and i've went the whole next day not talking to him just because of that!!! i've broke down crying asking him if anything was going on and he laughs at me when i tell him about the dreams i get.. the night before last i woke up breathing extremely hard and my face was scrunched up from being so mad and my fists were clenched so tight! i've also been having dreams of our son being born way to early and being some kind of monster type thing.. i def can say it's the hormones from pregnancy cause i've only been having them since we've been pregnant
    rainylittlebug

Answer by rainylittlebug at 7:26 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I had psychotic dreams, like I remember this one I had where I was a mob-boss telling my people to kill everyone around me. Then I would have dreams of setting places on fire & I was basically going crazy lol I told my fiance about them & he was like "omg you're nuts!" hahaha but I thought they were kinda funny, only because I'm such a small & loving person I could never see myself doing any of these things.
    babylovee

Answer by babylovee at 7:53 PM on May. 19, 2009