Teething

I think my son is getting his front teeth in. He's drooling like crazy -- I call them spit beards!
My question is, is it normal for babies that are teething to slow down on eating? He's eathing his jar food but the formula he's not eating as much. I'm trying to cut down on the solids to get more formula in him but he's only eating about 20 oz the last 2-3 days. Is that okay or should I drop him only to two solids a day and the rest formula? Or even once a day? Thanks for any help you can give me. I apprecaite it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I dont think you should TRY to drop his amounts at all. He is not eating because teething can make babies feel crummy, so he just isnt hungry. Give him some time, he wont be harmed if he isnt shoveling in his normal amounts. When he is hungry enough, he will eat. dont worry mama. :o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:19 PM on May. 19, 2009

• it doesnt have anything to do with teething. my son is the same way. he enjoys his solid foods over his formula any day. we have to only give him solids like once or twice a day and then formula every other time he gets hungry. i have started to give him his forumla in a sippy cup which he seems to like more then his bottle. i still give him a bottle at night before he goes to bed and in the morning but during the day he prefers a cup with formula. he still needs to be getting around 24 oz of forumla a day so keep pushing the formula! but dont deny him his solid foods either
    kelsey.evans08

Answer by kelsey.evans08 at 7:20 PM on May. 19, 2009