Does anybody ever make themselves throw up when you eat something bad?

I wouldn't say that i am bulimic but on occasion if i eat something really bad or if I overeat, I will make myself throw up. It just makes me feel better! And I try to eat healthy but just have no control, so I just throw it up!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• um...that IS bad. you need to see a doctor about this or something. if you eat something bad, you can take meds to make you feel better. if you overeat, well you should know your control and if you eat anything more then you know you will be full and not feel too good. i know its hard but its something you gotta do
    kelsey.evans08

Answer by kelsey.evans08 at 7:23 PM on May. 19, 2009

• that is bulimic hun. Throwing up will eat away at your teeth and they will eventually fall out. That is also horrible on your throat all the acids you are making come back up burns your throat and will damage it beyond repair. You need to talk to a doctor or counselor asap! Try to get rid of everything unhealthy in the house that way if you over eat nothing bad is to come of it, you can not gain unhealthy weight from over eating veggies or fruits! Try that ok...continue to talk to someone.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:37 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I agree with the previous posters. You may not be problem-bulimic (yet), but I am sure that every bulimic starts off just doing it "every once in a while". Please try not to do this--overeating and then purging is NOT healthy, physically or emotionally. If it's not something that you feel you can stop yourself from doing, then you should seek help to try to stop this from developing into a full-blown eating disorder. My sister suffered from bulimia for years, along with some substance abuse issues, and died at the age of 24 from a heart attack.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:25 PM on May. 19, 2009

• you are bulimic. im sory dear but whether you do it every day or once a month....that is an eating disorder.

it is alright to eat a cookie or a candy bar sometimes....as long as your not teating 5 of them. your fine.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 10:19 PM on May. 19, 2009

• i dont think you are bulimic - the body knows when you have eaten to much, some people just like to eat - and the reaction is to get rid of it - especially if it is something that your stomach just cant handle - sorry that others are so quick to state that you are bulimic just because you would rather have comfort then discomfort - people... someone is bulimic if it is a habit and done regularly - not just on occassion
    AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 11:27 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I have thought of it, however, I can't make myself throw up. I could stick my whole arm down my throat. I'm only think about it when I have eaten something that I have realized is making me sick. I think it is a kinda normal thought. Better to get it out than being sick for days.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 12:14 AM on May. 20, 2009

• i think it's ok coz i really do z same it's something psycological which make u comfortable and relieved
    nonaakliken

Answer by nonaakliken at 4:30 AM on May. 20, 2009

• i've definitely thought about doing that several times, but since i hate throwing up i don't do it. but yeah if you don't do it ALL the time i wouldn't consider it bullimic.
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 3:39 PM on May. 20, 2009

• That is bulimic behavior. It is not a normal relationship with food, and you should get help now before it's a real problem in your life. Alcoholics don't have to drink every day to be alcoholic, and bulimics don't have to throw up after every meal to be bulimic. Bulimics do not necessarily binge and purge every day... it can be very sporadic, particularly early on. Check out this link, it will give more info than I have.

Even if you aren't developing bulimia, there is definitely a disordered approach to eating and food in your life. Talking to someone couldn't hurt!

Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 7:20 PM on May. 20, 2009