Husband wants to be a Mason.

So my Uncle ask my DH last yr if he wanted to be a mason. We live in diffrent states & today my DH suddenly decided to go to our local lodge & call the call... Hes now going to have a short meeting with him....

Can they tell when u cant keep ur mouth shut? I dont think dh is good at secrets & i dont think i could handle not knowing a peice of his life...

Ugh....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:21 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• My DH is a Mason. Like cavalrybaby said, they include families in lots if the activities. There are some very successful Masons, but plenty of them are just average guys too. As for the secrets, you can watch the History Channel special for information on some of them. The rest of the secrets I'm not really interested in (I get the impression its all rather boring stuff about actual building masonry) so I don't beg my husband to tell me. There are no super juicy earth-shattering secrets though. I know because my husband sucks at keeping good secrets.
    moonlitfairy

Answer by moonlitfairy at 2:39 AM on May. 20, 2009

• what the hell are you talking about????!!!???

see this is why marijuana and cafemom don't mix!!!
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 7:27 PM on May. 19, 2009

• My dad is in the process of becoming a mason.

No big deal. He's still the same person.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:28 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I don't know too much real info about Masons but I have a few uncles that were in and I was in Job's Daughters when I was a teen. They have a lot of secrets with the ceremonies and such. I'm not sure if they are allowed to tell their wives or not. If he gets involved you could look into Eastern Star which is the ladies org affiliated to it.

I know lots of cool conspiracy theories about how Masons rule the world and all but don't buy into them.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 7:30 PM on May. 19, 2009

• My husband is a Freemason.

I don't have a problem with the things he can't tell me because I'm used to it. There's a lot of things that he can't tell me about with his job (he's in the army).

The cool thing about it is that they love to involve the families in some stuff, even the kids have their own organizations.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 7:30 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Friday,

When you get to know the people in the community that are Masons, it's pretty intimidating. There are usually several Judges and the like, pretty much several of the biggest names in the community.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 7:33 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I know a lot of higher ups are Masons and even many past presidents. My uncles were all redneck farmers though.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 7:37 PM on May. 19, 2009

• So you ladies are not able to deal with porn, but your hubbies doing secret society crap is ok? I would do more research if I were you.
    Anonymous

• My dad's a Mason. It's hardly a secret society, but they do have their little rituals that they don't talk about.

The odd thing is, they tend to be REALLY successful people, maybe it's just who ya know?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:16 PM on May. 19, 2009

• what the hell are you talking about?? i thought a mason was a bricklayer...am I missing something?
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:27 PM on May. 19, 2009