What do I do if a friend's daughter constantly picks on one of my twins?

My friend's daughter is 4 and my twins are 2. My girls always want to go play at her house and they start out playing really well together. But then her daughter always picks on my daughter. I hate it so much I'm considering ending the friendship all together. What do I do?? Please Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Make it clear that if everyone cannot be nice to each other then you will have to leave. Your friend may not even notice what is going on. If you point it out she might intervene when it happens.
    MACY7108

Answer by MACY7108 at 7:32 PM on May. 19, 2009

• talk to the girls mother, show her examples of what happens, if she does nothing to intervene, tell the little brat yourself that you will not tolerate her being mean . if it still doesnt help explain to the mom you can no longer sit by and let your 2 yr old be picked on by her child and walk away.protect your child, no matter what.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:33 PM on May. 19, 2009

• talk to the girls mom and let her know how you are feeling and what is going on. let her know how your daughter feels when her daughter picks on yours. if she isnt considerate about your feelings or things dont change or get worse, i would only have that girl over to my house to play. then i would have supervision of her and if she breaks the rules, she has to go home and wouldnt be allowed over again until she knows how to behave in other peoples houses
    kelsey.evans08

Answer by kelsey.evans08 at 7:33 PM on May. 19, 2009

• The 4 year old should know better or begin to know better. If she's not a close friend, I'd gradually distance myself from them. If she IS a good friend, I am wondering why the mom hasn't witnessed her daughter's behavior and stepped in? You can talk to her but if she hasn't stepped up yet, she may not.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:44 PM on May. 19, 2009