How do you get a blood test to find out if you are pregnant?

Do they just give you one if you ask?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• when i found out i was pregnant, i went to the local health clinic. they gave me a pee test and took my blood to make sure there was no diseases or anything. i have no ide about any diseases that run in my family since i am adopted. i cant find any of that stuff out until im 21 so they HAD to give me a blood test. all of it was covered by temp. medicaid until i got medicaid and healthcare usa for pregnant women
    kelsey.evans08

Answer by kelsey.evans08 at 7:43 PM on May. 19, 2009

• If you pay for it or the insurance covers it then yes...they just do it. Does it run in the family the need for a blood test to detect pregnancy? If so tell them that. GL
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:38 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I called my doctor and said, "I just took a home pregnancy test and it came out positive"....then, they said, come on in to get a blood test for confirmation.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 7:39 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Thank you all for your answers. It does not run in the family that I know of, but I have taken several tests. All were negative, and I haven't had my period since the beginning of March. So, either I'm pregnant and it didn't show up, or there's something wrong with my body.
    Anonymous

• i've never heard of a blood test to confirm pregnancy, all i got was a pee test, i took one myself first and then the doc confirmed it
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 8:26 PM on May. 19, 2009