I have gained 7 pounds already and I'm only 9 weeks is it too much?

I weighed 118 when I got pregnant I weighed 100 when I first got pregnant with my first child and gained 55 pounds but I didn't gain any wieght during my first trimester. So I don't know if I'm gaining too fast or not

PrayinItsABoy

Asked by PrayinItsABoy at 7:36 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Only your doctor can tell you whether or not you're on track with what you should gain. Maybe it's twins?
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 7:38 PM on May. 19, 2009

• you might be carrying extra fluid retention right now....and not fat, i really wouldn't worry...but, if you're concerned ask your doctor.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 7:38 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Well it is more than average but many women experience water retention and bloating in the first trimester that can increase weight gain.

I lost 25 pounds the first pregnancy in the first trimester from being so sick and 12 this pregnancy from morning sickness.

I think the average weight gain is between 4-6 pounds so it's not like your way off as long as you don't continue to pack on the pounds over the next 4-5 weeks.
    Anonymous

• Also it depends on whether or not you were underweight before you got pregnant. If you were it's normal to gain more in the first few weeks.
    Anonymous

• As long as you are gaining weight from eating healthy food I think it will even out over the next few months. If you haven't had morning sickness it may be easier to gain earlier that some others. Eat well and continue to exercise and you'll be fine. I never knew a doctor that wouldn't let you know if you were getting out of hand! They're very watchful of weight throughout the pregnancy. www.newmommyteesandjeans.com
    Mommyghee

Answer by Mommyghee at 8:02 PM on May. 19, 2009

• im preg w my first, i gained 10 right away. now im 17 weeks and i have not gained anymore weight yet.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 8:25 PM on May. 19, 2009

• dont be so concerned about the weight gain! as long as you know youre doing the right thing, your baby is healthy and thats all that matters!
    USMC_Elisa

Answer by USMC_Elisa at 12:22 AM on May. 20, 2009