Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do you walk away, start over with kids....

when you have no job(because you supported his and raised the kids) and no money(because his money is his money and your money is his too) and no family to take you in? Where do you go, what do you do? I am not being physically abused, but the emotional damage is too much to bear anylonger. I dont know what to do, how to get help, or where to even start looking. i am so devestated by what i must do(leave0 I am frozen and cant see my way clear. help.


Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • You need to set up some steps before you need to research, and have a good plan! I would start by finding a job, saving some money, finding somewhere to live (maybe a friends for a short time) Try getting on Section 8 just until you figure things out. But I know sometimes the waiting list on that is ridiculous...The government will help you with food stamps, etc. (As soon as you get back on your feet, then you won't need it anymore) If you are like me you don't like to use government assistance, but if I really needed it I would use it. Just stick it out a little bit longer, and spend time planning!! It will be best for you child/ren that way...Good Luck. Be strong, and you will eventually get out of the situation that you are in! It is never ok to be abused physically or emotionally, so I agree you need to leave... :(

    Answer by pamelajqs at 7:58 PM on May. 19, 2009

  • A womans shelter would be the first step. They don't accept only physically abused women. My mother and I lived in one for a week while we got our house painted because it had high lead levels inside.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on May. 19, 2009

  • I know you are not being physically abused, but I would try contacting a women's shelter and see if they can give you any advice. I would think that they would be able to at least provide you with some resources, even if you can't stay there or anything, they should be able to tell you some resources that can help you somehow.

    Answer by tropicalmama at 7:53 PM on May. 19, 2009

  • friends , shelters churchs they can hellp you out

    Answer by nakita72 at 7:54 PM on May. 19, 2009

  • ty

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on May. 19, 2009

  • you can go to your local social services office and ask if they can provide you some information or help for abused women. Abuse, is abuse. My social services office helps you find jobs, affordable day care (they may even help pay), a place to live. You may be eligible for welfare, medicaid and food stamps. use what is available to you with no shame.

    Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 7:54 PM on May. 19, 2009