Is there any alternative to a hospital birth when you are on medicare?

I had a really horrible experience giving birth at the hospital last time (I didn't like hospitals to begin with) which left me with PPD and want to try a home assisted birth this time around so everything turns out better.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• go for it midwives are not that expensive and most will take payments

abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 7:52 PM on May. 19, 2009

• The best way to find out for sure is to contact some of the doulas or midwives in your area and ask if the are set up to take medicare. Some will be and some won't but these organizations can point you in the right direction. Good luck! www.newmommyteesandjeans.com
    Mommyghee

Answer by Mommyghee at 7:58 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Medicaid DOES cover birthing center births and sometimes depending on the center you may be able to have a home birth with your midwife from a birthing center. You just have to find one near you that excepts medicaid.

I totally understand where your coming from! I had an extremely horrific birth in a hospital and ended up with complications that wouldn't of happen had the medical intervention not caused them!

LOOK LOOK LOOK hard until you find something. If you do end up having to deliver in a hospital join Natural Birth In Hospital group here on CM to learn how to make the best of a hospital birth!
    Anonymous