Question about fetal movement late in pregnancy

I'm 33 weeks pregnant and having been feeling LOTS of movement in my lower abdomen today.

This morning when I was still in bed I felt this HUGE movement that like my whole belly move. It woke me up it was so big and I've been feeling really large movements there all day!

Is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• honey i felt those all the time when i was pregnant. DS would wake me up all the time, i could never get any sleep with him. he would move around for like hours on end. he was onyl quiet when i was walking around or doing something. im pretty sure its normal. thats what docs told me. and DS turned out fine
    kelsey.evans08

Answer by kelsey.evans08 at 7:58 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Baby could have flipped! Has the head been down? I know it was really noticeable with my second when he flipped. My first had his head down the entire time!! Baby could just be wiggling into position for the final stretch. Or just getting stonger and using some new muscles!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:06 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Perfectly normal. Sometimes the baby will move so suddenly that you feel like you could be knocked off balance and then other times your whole belly will be flat on one side and huge on the other. It's weird and wonderful all at the same time. In a few more weeks there won't be so much room for all this romping around and things will settle down a little. www.newmommyteesandjeans.com
    Mommyghee

Answer by Mommyghee at 8:06 PM on May. 19, 2009

• He has been head down for 2 weeks and was head down at my ultra sound yesterday so I hope he didn't flip into a breech position!!
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't worry about it. My little girl went head down then sideways, then head down, then head up, all over the place even the last week of my pregnancy!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:41 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I am 33 wks too, and I feel your pain !!
    I feel like a semi truck and constantly getting a elbow here, and knew there. I think she's got a awesome drop kick too.
    Maybe I should get her into gymnastics.
    babymomma4

Answer by babymomma4 at 9:23 PM on May. 19, 2009