Anybody else do this and then feel guilty?

I have been driving back and forth to my sisters, who lives 2 hours away helping her move for the past 2 days. Today I feel so drained that it was all I could do to get the dishes and a load of laundry done and fixing dinner seemed like an enormous mountain that I simply couldnt climb. So I heated up a Gerber Graduate meal for my 15 month old (I buy then for quick lunches at friends/familys house) and popped a corn dog and some steam in the bag green beans in the microwave for my 2 year old and she ate that with a pickle. They ate and never complained but now I feel quilty that I didnt take the time to actually make them a meal like I usually do. I know there is nothing that can be done about it now but has anyone else ever felt like this or it my lack of energy getting to my head?

Vsoul0608

Asked by Vsoul0608 at 8:10 PM on May. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• It's your lack of energy. If you had not fed your child anything then yes I would see the problem. Don't worry you are allowed every once in a while not to be the supermom.
    DazeDelights

Answer by DazeDelights at 8:13 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Don't feel bad about it Momma! Sometimes we have to just do the minimum. That you are feeling guilt about it shows what a good mom you are. You have a great dinner on the table every night. It is fine to take it easy one night.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 8:13 PM on May. 19, 2009

• There are times when I'm too tired to cook so I heat up leftovers or order takeout.
    Anonymous

• theres no reason to feel guilty. if you didnt have the energy to fix some extravagent meal for lunch for kids nonetheless its not a bad thing. its ok to let kids have kid meals once in a while.
    kelsey.evans08

Answer by kelsey.evans08 at 8:14 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Lack of energy is getting to your head! Lol! No, seriously, I do understand feeling guilty about not actually preparing something for them. But you were exhausted, you have been helping someone out, the kids needed to eat, and it sounds like they were happy with what they got! Go get some rest and enjoy preparing something for them later this week. (I keep prepared meals like that on hand for the exact same occasions-everybody is happier if mommy isn't getting stressed from exhaustion and work around the house).
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:15 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Why do you feel so guilty about that? At least they were fed! You have a perfectly legitimate excuse besides just being lazy and not wanting to do it. Who cares? Some days are going to have to be take out or a quick fix. It's okay. Relax.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 8:15 PM on May. 19, 2009

• You shouldn't feel guilty.And if you should,then I really should. Some weeks I may only cook a real meal once or twice.
    nikkiJ86

Answer by nikkiJ86 at 8:19 PM on May. 19, 2009

• dont feel guilty- there are days that u just cant do it- and once in a while wont hurt- there are plenty of times that i feel like that and i just call up the local pizzaria and get an order of spaghetti and meat balls for the kids and a veggie calzone for me and a large salad for us all to split and call it a night- the boys love those times lol
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 8:19 PM on May. 19, 2009

• It's the lack of energy!
    You fed them. They are happy. GOOD JOB! That's what "emergency foods" are for.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:49 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Yikes. I do this kind of thing all the time. I don't even feel guilty about it. Quick meals are a working moms best friend. Doesn't mean bad for you meals - just quick. And the occassional corn dog isn't going to hurt anyone.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:55 PM on May. 19, 2009