Pneumonia?

I'm going to see a doctor tomorrow but I wanted to know if anybody has ever had pneumonia and what their symptoms were?

I started getting shoulder pain yesterday morning which I thought was something else. Then out of nowhere a little earlier today, I started getting chest, rib and lung pain and started coughing. When I cough I can hear mucus in my chest and when I breathe sometimes. It's gradually getting worse. I feel TERRIBLE.
Does that sound like pneumonia? I ask because I went on webmd. I have a problem with trying to diagnose myself before seeing a doctor.

Marix3

Asked by Marix3 at 8:22 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Health

• ya it sounds like pnemonia i just had it last year it sounds like you are having the same symptoms that i did.
    jac1908

Answer by jac1908 at 8:48 PM on May. 19, 2009

• It could be or it could be brohncitus. I've had pnemonia before without knowing it. I just thought it was a chest cold. I actually took my daughter in cause she was having trouble with her asthma and the dr. said I didn't look good. Turns out I had a temp of 103.5 and fluid in my lungs. If they catch it early you'll probably just get some antibiotics and maybe some prednisone and or cough medicine with codiene. GL and feel better soon!
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 8:31 PM on May. 19, 2009