• In the Spotlight:

Do you think music can cause a person to go to hell?

Ok, say a person loves rock music but they are a born again Christian. Would that make them be a sinner anyway? I am a die hard rock fan (and nothing you say will change my mind!). And I am not a christian. However, I was wondering how you ladies felt about this.
-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 8:35 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would hope that if there was a Heaven and a Hell that God wouldn't be so petty to damn you for your taste in music.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 8:40 PM on May. 19, 2009

• rock n rollrock on hon

nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 8:45 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I am muslim and in islam music is forbidden because it is from the devil who uses it to keep us distracted from our purpose in life. which is to worship god. Music meaning the instruments. but if you look at the lyrics well those are so horribly indecent these days that for sure it is sinful. would it put you in hell? that depends upon God's mercy no one here can say.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 8:46 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I love my music.  I often leave my profile on the computer while I'm working in the kitchen and listen to my playlist cuz it's awesome lol.  I love trance and techno.  I tend to gravitate towards sensual rhythms and hypnotic beats. 

I don't believe in sin so that has no bearing on my musical choices.  I like what I like!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:52 PM on May. 19, 2009

• it's just music, a way to express ourselves universally. going to hell for liking a type of music is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I like lots of "devil music" but I am a good mother, good to the earth, care about the elderly and less fortunate.... F that belief. "sin" is bullsh*t and a terrible fear to live by
    Anonymous

• hahaha... Even if I believed in Hell... NO!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:53 PM on May. 19, 2009

• So Aasiyah, Muslim's do not use music in their worship? Is it just voices that are OK. I am not trying to rude, I am just looking to be educated.
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 8:54 PM on May. 19, 2009

• MUSIC (or the love of it) IS NOT what sends people to Hell. According to the Bible, the only thing that does that is REJECTION of Jesus Christ, the son of the living God.
    If that was the case, GOD HELP ME!! I am a born-again Christian who doesn't just LOVE music, i eat sleep and BREATHE it! If God casts people into Hell for that, then there is NO HOPE for me, LOL!!!!
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 8:59 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I personally see nothing wrong with music, I enjoy all types and I do mean all, from heavy metal to counrty and I also enjoy chistian music even tho I am not, but...my step mother was a die hard christian and would not listen to anything that was not christian music, to her it was evil and a sin..I disagree, after years of struggle, she let go of her views as it being evil and now enjoys the music she loves..I do not think anything less of her, and she no longer deprives herself, and yes she is still christian. I dont believe the music you listen to will condemn you to hell,but I would have to believe in hell. Which I dont !!!
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:01 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I too like rock (among other kinds too) I believe for a Christian it's not about the music but the lyrics we need to watch, by the way I happen to like AFI / Blaqk Audio alongside Savage Garden and Enya and Hank Williams Sr.!!!!
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 9:02 PM on May. 19, 2009