is it normal to have braxton hicks at 7 months? its my first baby and Im 18 so I dont know.

Its my first baby and I guess I am just really scared ciz I am not used to all these pains and being short of breath and all. Plus its getting harder for me to stand longer since my feet are swelling.

babycozine

Asked by babycozine at 12:59 PM on Aug. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Most probably normal. If they get better with movement or aren't regular, I wouldn't worry. Wear diabetic socks, they help with the swelling. Good luck!
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:03 PM on Aug. 9, 2008

• these are all very normal they are not pleasant...im 18 and trust me i dont know how many times i went to the emergency room thinking something is not right...but they were always really nice. but since it is your first baby you don't know what to expect. good luck and congratulations
    sep_10_07

Answer by sep_10_07 at 1:03 PM on Aug. 9, 2008

• Yes it is normal I started having my at 4 months with my last pregancy. But I am 2 or 3 months now and having some. Your body is getting ready for the real thing.
    babygirl419

Answer by babygirl419 at 1:05 PM on Aug. 9, 2008

• Just be careful. While a few braxton hicks are normal, pre-term labor is not. If they don't give you a break (or stop completely) you may need to head to the ER. Braxton hicks should come and go after a couple of hours. So if it's lasting longer go get checked. The last thing you want is to deliver early.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:47 PM on Aug. 9, 2008

• i was in your postion 3 months ago. i kept going back every 2 wks thinking "ok this is it" but nope was just false labor...and yeah you get out of breath quick even if u barely walk to your car from the house. try keeping your feet elevated when your sitting..it helps alot. but its all worth it at the end!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Aug. 9, 2008

• I went through alot with my first pregnancy. I went throgh braxton hicks contractions at 6 months. But its always good to tell ur dr. I was always at the drs for the little things, but its always better to be safe. Good luck!
    SarahT01

Answer by SarahT01 at 12:12 PM on Aug. 11, 2008