Rocket Fuel in baby formula?

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=7242880

Theres the link to the story. What do you think about that? I think its pretty sick if you ask me. Just another reason to NOT trust everything you hear.

kittymommy

Asked by kittymommy at 8:37 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Whoa! Crazy! Glad my baby likes some boob.
    Anonymous

• Lol I had boob babies too. But i did give my first some formula. I regret that one but she is ok so thats good.
    kittymommy

Answer by kittymommy at 8:49 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I swear if it ain't one thing its another. You'll be amazed the type of chemicals are used in the food we eat. No wonder people hundreds of years ago lived longer lives. They don't have to worry about all those chemicals and man made shit.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 8:51 PM on May. 19, 2009

• OMG. Is this story ever going to die? This was all over the place last month or so. It's not freakin' rocket fuel, it's a chemical which is ONE component of the fuel.

IF you careful read though, you'll see it's also found in breastmilk and in higher concentrations.

There is nothing wrong with the formula. There is nothing wrong with the breast milk.

Stop spreading the lies, please. Check your information and read carefully.
    Anonymous

• Good lord...old news. It's in HIGHER concentrations in BREASTMILK b/c it is IN THE ENVIRONMENT. it is in DRINKING WATER, FOOD, Etc
    Anonymous

• Ok this story is like 2 months old...if you wouldve read the WHOLE article when this story first came out you would have seen that there was perchlorate found in BM as well...it is in the formula b/c most formula is milk based which comes from cows which drink the water which contains the perchlorate.....HUMANS also drink water and lettuce and other things that are washed in water so that is why it was found in more that 40 women in 18 different states that were BFing their babies and also in formula......
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:53 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Its in breastmilk too if its in your drinking water...I'm all about BFing and I think its 100% better than formula BUT rocket fuel or the chemicals used to make rocket fuel is the least of your worries formula wise....now traces of melamine, BPA, hexane(a cancer causing chemical) is used to extract the DHA and ARA from fungus, estrogen in the soy formulas, high fructose corn syrup in the non dairy formulas in WAY more than moderate amounts...need I go on...the so-called rocket fuel....yeah least of your worries..

Formula is not poison, it will not kill MOST children, BUT it raises all kinds of risks its not that BM is perfect, its not, BUT the risks of using formula are high.....

yeah yeah I know well I was FF and I"m fine, or my kid was FF and hes fine...MY older 2 were FF before I had all the info above and they are great BUT they aren't grown, who's to say how things'll be in the future

tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 8:54 PM on May. 19, 2009

• diamond momma-our life expectancy as humans has gone up over the years, its never gone down....so in 1900 life expectancy was 43.7 years...now its 77.6
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 8:57 PM on May. 19, 2009

• This is old news now, anyway. but it is *NOT* rocket full. It is a chemical in rocket fuel that is also in your drinking water.
    Anonymous

• They'll be a hell of a lot better off then we were. Formula they have NOW is much better than the formula of years ago. The risks of using formula are high? Insane.

There is no problem with soy formulas, and the other stuff everyone keeps bringing up is such hooey.

But then someone always has to go off topic and bring this garbage up.
    Anonymous