Is this the "missing link"?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2009/may/19/ida-fossil-missing-link

Scientists have discovered an exquisitely preserved ancient primate fossil that they believe forms a crucial "missing link" between our own evolutionary branch of life and the rest of the animal kingdom.

The 47m-year-old primate – named Ida – has been hailed as the fossil equivalent of a "Rosetta Stone" for understanding the critical early stages of primate evolution.

The top-level international research team, who have studied her in secret for the past two years, believe she is the most complete and best preserved primate fossil ever uncovered. The skeleton is 95% complete and thanks to the unique location where she died, it is possible to see individual hairs covering her body and even the make-up of her final meal – a last vegetarian snack.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 8:46 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• how cool :)
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 8:47 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Wow....great minds think alike...we posted at pretty much the same time..haha

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:59 PM on May. 19, 2009

• LOL...I just saw that and thought it was so interesting!
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:17 PM on May. 19, 2009

• sweet-a-kins, please don't be offended that I share the same answer to your question as to the similar one. I don't have much time to play on cafemom right now....

I have always loved both archaeology and anthropology. Shockingly enough I believe evoltion and creation exist together. Evidence to support the theory of evolution exists just as evidence to support the teachings of the bible. My faith teaches that some of the bible teachings were actual events while others were stories. I do believe God created all things just as surely as I believe these things changed as the world did. Why would God in his infinite wisdom not "tweek" his own creations? I also think we have much to learn from the fossil records and I am an eager student!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:21 PM on May. 19, 2009

• big smile mini Shockingly enough I believe evoltion and creation exist together

As do I!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:26 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Shockingly enough I believe evoltion and creation exist together

As do I!

OMG so do I! The Bible is so vague about Creation, and there's the whole a day is like a thousand years thing, and it's not like the world is anything like it was then, of course, in His wisdom we would evolve as the world did. . .

(sob, sob) I thought I was alone!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:00 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I was raised catholic and went to catholic school 1-8. thats pretty much what they taught us....yes, big bang, yes particles , yes things oozing from the sea...etc..but it all had to come from somewhere.....and that was God

they even talked evolution, and basically said it didn.t matter, It is ALL created by God..
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:08 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Oh my, some common ground between me lovinangel AND yourspecialkid. group hug

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:16 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Oh my, some common ground between me lovinangel AND yourspecialkid.

lmao. I know, I almost fell off my chair. . .

I was raised Christian though, and it was all "evolution is of the devil". I decided on my own that the church was wrong. . . didn't make me too popular in Sunday School, I can tell you that. . .
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:24 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Oh Gosh!! Sweet-a-kins I had better bookmark this page so I can refer back to it when you really tick me off again!

I am so glad to see that there are others out there that can also see the big picture. Ok you guys, who do we tell next?!

PS sweet, thanks for the group hug! Excellent touch! :)
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:48 AM on May. 20, 2009