I BREASTFEED AND SIX YEARS LATER MILK IS STILL COMING OUT IS THAT NORMAL?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on May. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• might be a hormone imbalance...ir maybe you're preggo again?
    Anonymous

• It's normal... my youngest is six and I still have milk leaks here and there. My aunt and mother did the same... so well, if it isn't normal we're all screwed :P But I'm pretty sure we're okie.
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 9:13 PM on May. 19, 2009

• sell it on Ebay
    Anonymous

• It isn't ABnormal.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:08 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I stopped nursing when my son was 4 mths old...he just turned two and recently I started producing milk again. I saw the doctor and he said some women just have overactive milk glands ...totally normal. However, if its uncomfortable there is a medication that can be used to dry it up. I chose not to take it because of the side effects...instead I drank "No more milk" tea that I got at Babies'R'Us.
    romanojm

Answer by romanojm at 10:25 PM on May. 19, 2009

• going on 20 months post-wean here & I still have milk too. I've been told just to wait it out as long as it's not uncomfortable or causing problems.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 7:47 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I did the same thing made milk for six years!! I finally took a bc pill that recently dried it up!
    ellies3boys

Answer by ellies3boys at 8:58 AM on May. 20, 2009

• It is not uncommon..... its been 3 years for me and I still have milk. I've asked this question before and did some online research on it. It seems it happens to a lot of women.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:14 AM on May. 20, 2009