what is the digital camera function called

the one where you can take a black and white photo and have a certain color come out. Like if i want a red flower to show red in a black and white photo...what is that function called??? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• There is no camera I know that can do that. You need a photo editing program for that.
    morningglory1

Answer by morningglory1 at 9:28 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I've seen a camera in the past where the person took an up close pic of the object then took the regular pic in black and white and the color they did the up close came out but dont' know what it is called
    Anonymous

• I think there is a newer camera that does have that function now. But to get the result you're looking for you need editing software. Paint.net is a free editing software and aviairy.com also has a free version of their software that will do it. The technique is called Selective Coloring and it's done by taking the original pic and making a duplicate layer of it in the editing software. Convert the duplicate into B&W. Grab the eraser tool and 'erase' over the spots on the B&W layer where you want the original color to show through. I know that Aviairy has a tutorial for both understanding layers and for the Selective Coloring technique.
    Feel free to PM me if you need further help.
    ShutterBug77

Answer by ShutterBug77 at 11:08 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Lol. My camera does that! I can do a custom color setting where it pick out only the color I choose. Granted it's limited to certain colors but it's fun.
    Gypsy98

Answer by Gypsy98 at 11:00 PM on May. 20, 2009

• google selective color
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 1:25 PM on May. 21, 2009