Do all women have the right to not work and stay with their kids all day?

Even the ones in a stable relationship? Or only the ones that are left with no dad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on May. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• What are you talking about? I have an SO and I stay at home to go to school? I would think the ones with no dad would be the ones that would have to work....
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:28 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I'm in a stable relationship, married even, and I stay home with my daughter all day. It isn't always "fun". But, you can thank the feminists for making that change-now most women HAVE to work. And, I know a lot of women with no man who work their butts off to support themselves and their child/children.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, I don't really understand the question. All women have the right to stay home with their kids in my opinion. It's if it's economically possible is the reason it can or can't happen.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 9:31 PM on May. 19, 2009

• LOL many moms have a happy marriage or relationship with their SO and are still sahm! I'm one of them!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:31 PM on May. 19, 2009

• No. It all depends on the woman and or finances. There are some women out there who always want to keep their independence even if their man can pay all the bills. And for some other women they have to work because their man is a lazy ****. And for other women it is the best option to be a SAHM. Especially if you have an infant. Many people's situation and preferences are different.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 9:33 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Well the ones in a relationship living there lives like adult. The ones sitting on welfare we that work are paying your bills. But you can live like a broke bitches cause if youall would just get a job you would have more $$$$$ then what you get in a month you could have that in a week. But you lazy broke bitches with no morals....
    Anonymous

• I don't think it's a "rights" issue. It depends on whether you can afford to or not.
    jaimie175

Answer by jaimie175 at 9:35 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I think it would be great to be able to stay at home! It would also be very hard work...probably harder than being at work outside of the home! I think any mom who wants to should be able to stay home and also should be proud of her choice! In my case, when my baby is born, I will be a single mom (and sole provider.)
    Therefore, I do not have the option of staying home. Fortunately, I work at a good job that I absolutely love. My job will be enough to support us, though money will be tight. I only work four hours a day, so I can be home alot. I realize that I am lucky this way (to be able to provide for myself and my baby). But can't help feeling a bit guilty. Everyone says to me that I won't want to come back to work, even though I love my job. What they don't understand is that I do not have a choice!
    Gwynyth

Answer by Gwynyth at 9:40 PM on May. 19, 2009

• If women waited till they were married to have sex & have babies, there would be a lot less single moms out there struggling either on welfare or having to work to support their kids by themselves.

Anonymous

• anon 8:34 I understand your frustration but I'm betting the percentage of sahms that do that is way lower than you think.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:43 PM on May. 19, 2009