Would you ever consider running for President of the U.S.?

I am just wondering, because I hear and read so many, many people saying that EVERYTHING that our current president does is wrong and that he should have done this instead. Or else they are pointing out why what he plans to do just won't work. I don't mean to sound rude because maybe some of the things that these people say are very true. I'm just thinking that since we have so many people who feel that they could do better, why don't more of you people run for the position? I personally know that it's not a job that I could do but that's not b/c I'm a wife and mother. Sarah Palin is proof that it can be done (or at least attempted) even in my shoes. I just know that I couldn't do it. Things would be thouroughly destroyed once I was done, lol. Anyway, what about you? I think that there should be so many more names on that voting ballot the next time around. Would you run?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No way! I don't know nearly enough about foreign policy and business matters (wall street and such)....I will leave it to people smarter than me
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:30 PM on May. 19, 2009

• HELL TO THE NO!!! I wouldn't want the mess that Dubbya (Bush) left him to clean up...the fact of the matter is NOONE is EVER happy and if it were McCain that was pres, and thank the lord he's not, we would be seeing the same complaints and worse yet, that crazy bitch Palin would be standing next to him...God help us if that were to ever happen.....I won't complain about him...I am glad I voted for him =)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:32 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Would I run? Yes, I would, once my kids were grown. I brought them into this world and I owe it to them to be around for their childhood.

I wouldn't win, though, lol. I'm not a great public speaker.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:42 PM on May. 19, 2009

• My husbby has the more "Presidential" Resume. We'll see...But I love to study, learn, and discuss
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:43 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Nope, only Christians are allowed to apply
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:45 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Not with my checkered past.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 9:47 PM on May. 19, 2009

• NotPanicking, that's not really true is it? Why do you say that? -OP
    Anonymous

• It is true, no way in hell a non-Xtian could get elected in this country. Legally they can run if they meet the other criteria but it'll never happen.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 9:50 PM on May. 19, 2009

• No. The reason is that I am sure someone savy will get all my answers on CM and use them against me in the race. Even the anon ones. I would have to hire a professional to come and erase it all or buy the site and destroy all evidence of answers. Shit, I would have to do that for several message boards. I have actually thought about how if I were to become famous how things said and writen can come back to haunt you. While I stand behind what I mean, I may not always say it so gracefully or politically correct. And I have been known to change my mind on positions as new information becomes available. But still....I would never run and have my entire life history and personal baggage be dragged out into the open so that others may be entertained. I don't care about attacking me on the political issues but I would care if you made fun of how ugly my kid is, poked fun at my faith, or stalked friends.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:52 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Friday, oh okay, I see. It's not a requirement but you don't think that it would ever happen.-OP
    Anonymous