why am i...

i went to the doctor yesterday and i have gained 12 pounds in 2 weeks. i don't eat but 2 times a day. i don't eat alot. why would i be gaining that much weight that fast? if you could please give me some ideas please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Health

• Are u pregnant?????????
    Anonymous

• no i had a tubes burned, cut, and tied. not pregnat.
    Anonymous

• eating alot of salt will put water wait on, and so will drinking alot in general
    Nicholeb211

Answer by Nicholeb211 at 9:39 PM on May. 19, 2009

• weight*
    Nicholeb211

Answer by Nicholeb211 at 9:40 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Get your thyroid checked.
    happy1mom

Answer by happy1mom at 10:11 PM on May. 19, 2009

• It may not be how many times a day you are eating, but what you are eating. Also, you may not be eating enough calories a day so what you are eating is all being turned into fat to energize your body.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:46 PM on May. 19, 2009

• i agree that you should get your thyroid checked.
    myangel21

Answer by myangel21 at 11:27 PM on May. 19, 2009

• There can be a lot of issues. Are you on medications for anything? Have you had a full checkup lately? Many things can make you gain weight. First of all, I don't eat much either. I started writing down what I eat. And I found I was not eating enough. I was eating two eggs and dry toast in the morning, cofffee with cream/sugar (all day) and a normal healthy dinner. I was getting at least 500 calories just in sugar/creamer. I cut back on that and started drinking water. I think you are not eating enough of healthy foods. Good luck to you hon. You deserve to be happy and healthy.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:58 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Eating twice a day is not healthy; the healthiest way to eat is to eat six small meals during the day. You should also examine what you are eating and drinking. You should be drinking water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day; soda is a waistline killer.
    Are you eating fruits and vegetables? You should be eating 7-8 servings a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Are you eating simple grains or whole grains? You should be eating 6-7 servings of whole grains (loaded with tons of minerals, fiber and protein) a day. This is foods like brown rice, whole wheat pasta, whole grain breads, quinoa, barley,etc..
    Meat and dairy are also waistline killers; they lack fiber and move through your system slowly. You should be eating at least one serving of plant based protein a day, like tofu, lentils, seitan or beans.If you need meal or recipe ideas, feel free to contact me. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 7:36 AM on May. 20, 2009