Lump on my boob...

So i went to the doc for the first time (yesterday) in 3 yrs (no insurance) and he found a lump on my left boob, I had an unltra sound done on it today and now I have to wait for the results at first I thought it was nothing but I was talking to my mom about it and I found out that there are 3 cases of breast cancer in her distant (like two 2nd cousins and an aunt) family and now I am freakin out! I am only 25, has anyone had anything like this happen to them? Was it something serious?

Nicholeb211

Asked by Nicholeb211 at 9:30 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Health

• My step-mom, and she did have cancer in it. She is doing radiation right now and had two surgeries to cut out the cancer.
    Anonymous

• Yep. It happened to me. It was nothing, the bump was from consuming a lot of caffeine which I don't usually do.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 9:34 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Honestly, it's important that you caught it now. Could be nothing and they'll remove it or it could be something but breast cancer caught early is treatable most of the time. Get insurance.
    Anonymous

• I recently had an ultrasound and mammogram done to check out a lump I've had in my right breast for about the last 4 yrs. I first noticed it while nursing my firstborn and the nurse said then that it wasn't any real concern, probably a galactocele(milk retaining cyst). After my mammogram they basically said it was a papilloma which is basically the same thing as the above mentioned and usually benign(10% of papilloma's are cancerous). I did have a consult with a surgeon to get it removed but she doesn't want to do that untill I'm completely done breastfeeding...so maybe in another 6 mths. Once they remove it they'll do a biopsy just to make sure...but my chances are pretty slim and they usually are right when it comes to telling the difference. If it doesn't move around when poking at it that's usually not a good sign. Remember they have made leaps and bounds when it comes to detecting and treating cancer. Best of luck!
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 10:56 PM on May. 19, 2009