4 month olds and baby food..

My little girl is 4 1/2 months old and she is eating baby food. And sometimes she doesn't want her formula any more.. I'll try and give it to her and she just doesn't want it. Is this normal? She now preferrs the baby food to formula.. But then again I wouldn't blame her. I just want to know if its normal.

Poopie08

Asked by Poopie08 at 9:38 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter loves her formula and before that breastmilk. She enjoys baby food (she didn't get it until 5.5 months though, and that was just cereal and apple sauce) She still loves her formula. Maybe you should cut back on the baby food for a while, because the formula is what is important.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:44 PM on May. 19, 2009

• If she wont take the formula at all then mix it in with the food cause she has to have it. Try to slowly reduce to one jar a day until 6 mo.
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 9:47 PM on May. 19, 2009

• She only gets the baby food once a day. And that is about 2 hours before bed time. So that way she sleeps.
    Poopie08

Answer by Poopie08 at 9:48 PM on May. 19, 2009

• it is normal if you are doing it incorrectly- she's just full

she should get formula first--they need a minimum of 24 ounces a day-- it has to do with brain tissue development -- the first 18 months of life -that is when there is rapid development brain tissue--
    Good luck
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:48 PM on May. 19, 2009

• if she wants the food more than formula, reduce the amt of food your giving her!
    Anonymous