hypothetical.. but could become a reality :)

Would my family be justified if they were upset/angry/jealous or whatever if I included my s/o's mother's name in our daughter's name and not my own deceased mother's middle name? ( she hater her given name *Ethel*)
I was really not wanting to go the traditional route with my first born daughter , but I had long ago promised my s/o we'd use his mom's name..and I'm just not willing to break that I know what it means to him.

I figure it;s OUR child and I'll name her as I see fit..but I know they may get miffed.

long story but basically my mother adopted me at birth and my s/o's mom shares a name with my bio mother ( whom my family despises and is very bitter towards for the most part.)..so they aren't even keen on the name lol

what should i do?
just not give a damn and keep my promise to s/o and add my own "personal touches" ?
or keep it traditional just to save face and not cause an unnescessary stir?

AshleyRoseG

Asked by AshleyRoseG at 9:40 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• In the long run...its your baby, its your choice. I would not worry about what anyone thought, and I would name my child how I wanted to!! They will get over it if they do get upset. I'm sure it will not cause a family feud. LOL.
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 9:43 PM on May. 19, 2009

• It's funny when the baby gets here they will all be so goo goo over her they won't care what her name is,lol Do what you want, it's not up to anyone else. Congrats on the baby!!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:06 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I tired to make everyone happy with my daughters name, Her name is Jaylyn Rose. The Jay is after my grandfather, the lyn is for my mother in law Linda and my mama's middle name is Rose. I first wanted to name her Jayden Rose, but I felt bad leaving my MIL out so I changed it to Jaylyn. If she was a boy she was going to be Jayson Edward, Edward was my other grandfather's name and my hubby's father and grandfather's name. I will say that the may be upset because you are thinking of your bio mom, but not your mama. I am not judging I am just saying. Maybe you can put some name's together like I did, and use part of your mama's name like the Hel or the E . But ultimatly it is your child and what you want to name her is what is best.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 10:10 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Her name has nothing to do with my bio mom.. that's the thing, it was my s/o's mother's name.
    AshleyRoseG

Answer by AshleyRoseG at 10:31 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I say, it is Your child, pick the name you and SO like and to heck with every one else!! If people complain about your bio mom having that name, say "we happen to like the name xxxx. That is SO's mothers name. We thought it would be nice to name the baby after her."
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:53 PM on May. 19, 2009

• your child. you pick the name. It's no one else's business. They can deal with it.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:59 PM on May. 19, 2009