anyone experience this???

Went to my 2d ultrasound today to rule out downsyndrome and no downs but she has a possible hole in her heart but they are not sure because some pics showed a perfect heart while a few others showed what was either a hole or shadowing...has anyone out there had this happen and what could it be besides a possible mumur? i have to go back in 4 weeks and the suspense of waiting to know the unknown is killing me.

BlendedMommy009

Asked by BlendedMommy009 at 9:40 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes my cousin had twins and the boy twin was fine and the girl the dr said may have possible hole in her heart. They sent her to savannah to a specialist and find out that the baby was fine it was just a shadow and she's almost one yr old now and healthy. My best friend was also born with a hole in her heart but the dr told her mom it was nothing to worry about that a lot of times the hole will grow up on its own and if it didnt then they would go in there and close it up. Her son was also born with hole in his heart and he is now three yrs old and his hole finally closed up. I would get a second opinion maybe see a specialist because it could be nothing.. good luck
    pandora09

Answer by pandora09 at 10:03 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Have you gone to a high risk doctor and had a 4d ultrasound done, my son had the same problem and i immediately went to a high risk doctor. However to put your mind at ease it turned out to go away on its own and wound up being nothing. Remember in the developmental stages its hard to tell all the time. But try a 4d ultra and see if that can tell anything else about it. On a more personal state, my duhla suggested six ounces of RED wine (such as syrah, merlot,etc.,(measured out to a T) three times a week, it supposedly premotes good blood flow to the heart and most docs will tell you its fine in mild moderation. Hope this helps and good luck let me know how you are doing.
    Amber-Skye

Answer by Amber-Skye at 9:45 PM on May. 19, 2009

• i saw a specialist thats how we found out about the holepossibility and they tried a 3d today but couldnt get a good shot they will do both again in 4 weeks just hoping its nothing she has a great hr of 150bpm
    BlendedMommy009

Answer by BlendedMommy009 at 10:21 PM on May. 19, 2009