How do you deal with racism?

My husband is white. I am african american. We had a formal function that we attended. We dated for 3 years before we got married. This is the second marriage for us both. His ex wife feels blacks are inferior to white. Anyway back to the event. Here I am in a formal gown and I feel a slight sting on my face. I realize that people at this event are throwing food at me. ( I am the only black present) I was horrified. I told my hubby and he got up but could not see who was throwing the food because there was a huge crowd. Then again more food got thrown in my face. I was in tears and embarrassed. My Husband resigned from the club and went to the president. They did nothing. I feel his ex wife who hates the fact I am black put people up to it. She said "My kind was not welcomed there" What should I do if anything? She says the bible says races should not mix. She tells me I am the devil. I am so tired. Husband can't make it stop.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• i feel terrible for you. i would go and make a more formal complaint. this is not only illegal, but highly immoral.
    katiemum

Answer by katiemum at 9:49 PM on May. 19, 2009

• is weird how white american act around black american. i am black ( puerto rico) my husband is white (same ) but in our country white latino will never act so ignorant like that. sorry ..

BUT I CAN TELL YOU ONE THING YES WE CAN:)

Anonymous

• WTH?

Wow, I'm so sorry that happened to you. How humiliating.
    Anonymous

• I think this is a troll post guys. So, not happening.
    Anonymous

• I even feel people in this side are racist, they should answer you question and stop saying this is a troll post guys. bitches.
    Anonymous

• I am not a troll... This has really happened to me... I am so hurt. How in the world could I make something up like this... I guess CafeMom is full of heartless People. I am trying to find a way to deal with this hurt. I can't understand why some of you don't see that racism is still very alive. I guess you would not understand since you have not had food thrown at you. Maybe you were one of the people that threw it at me... Please don't make me more angry than I already am.
    Anonymous

• i would go to your local government.....
    the papers....
    tv......

blow this up in their face
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 10:08 PM on May. 19, 2009

• OMG!!!! I cannot believe people can be so stupid and ignorant. They threw food????? That really gets me mad and I wish I could have been there to be in their faces! I don't know what I would do but I hope you can move past this and their ignorance. How can people live with themselves after treating another person so horribly? I will never teach my children to ever treat others like that. I would stand up by your side if I could. Sorry I don't know what to tell you to do, but I would contact the local news too. God bless you!
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 10:29 PM on May. 19, 2009

• OP, if this is real, like I thought, feel free to talk to me on my page if you like.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 10:30 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Thank you for the kind words..... I just am soooooo upset
    Anonymous