Behavior issues 15 month old

First off, NO smart ass answers, if you want to be an asshole or bitchy go elsewhere.

Okay, my daughter is "testing" me and my husband. I get the grunt of it because I am home with her. She pinches me, bites me (and the furniture) and tries to slap me in the face when I say no, don't give her something she wants or at times just for the hell of it. Any suggestions? I have tried ignoring/not reacting (whitch BTW is freakin hard when she pinches and bites!!) and that is not working.

Thanks ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No idea.. were going through pretty much the same thing. Good luck.
    Tams_jade

Answer by Tams_jade at 9:43 PM on May. 19, 2009

• My daughter is 14 mos. old and we are in the beginnings of this stage. I'd say to ignore it only if it's a behavior that isn't hurting her or you. As far as the biting/pinching you need to tell her no firmly or to avoid overuse of the word no, simply say 'ow, that hurts mommy' or 'we don't bite/pinch'. And then the best thing to do is try to redirect her attention to something else. I've realized that when my daughter does it it's usually only because she wants some attention. So if I spend more time playing on the floor with her or involving her big sister in playing with her she behaves better. Just remember some of it is unavoidable though- all toddlers go through this stage in some form or another. Good luck, I hope it gets better for you soon!
    princesspalace

Answer by princesspalace at 10:55 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Try this put her in her room let her cry if she wants honey trust me she will getr tired of it and for the pinching thing smack her hand tell her no then again put her in her room for 15 mintues maybe then she will learn i just could not imagen i have a little girl 15 months and nothing like this thank god write me back babygirljerseymadison2008@yahoo.com or here on cafemom
    JerseyMadison

Answer by JerseyMadison at 10:56 PM on May. 19, 2009

• My daughter is 19 months and I am going through the same thing. She bites and pinches and tells me NO constantly. She is doing the whining that is out of control and I am having headaches because of it! I have smacked her hand and told her no and told her "ouch". However, she is now pinching her hand or smacking it and telling me ouch. When she starts to act out of control I put her in her playpin until she calms down. She throws a fit, but I just let her cry since she can stop at anytime she wants. But I keep her where I can see her. This works for me, but not everytime ;)
    Apple-Bottom

Answer by Apple-Bottom at 1:28 AM on May. 20, 2009