help, i think my son is a fecalpheliac?

what do i do, he plays in his poop, or rubs it on the wall...i've told him that it was discusting and never do it again. well, he has and now he's picking poop out of his but and putting it on the floor in his room and just now in the tub. he just turned seven. he knows it's wrong but doesn't stop doing it, does he have some kind of problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 PM on May. 19, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Technically he is old enough to know not to do that... but if he is immature I dont know... my six year old doesn't really act her age, kwim? If you make a really big deal of it that could be the problem... my eight yr old boy will do things over and over if it can make me squeal, (he lets spit roll down his bottom lip and sucks it back in, yuck...)... thats how boys are. Oh, and don't clean it up. Make him clean it up. And be sure he does a damn good job too. Tell him other people live in the house and they don't want to live in a place with poo on the walls. Try telling him if he won't stop you'll have to tell/ask his doctor about it... would he be embarassed if someone out of the home knew about it?
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 6:17 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Um yes. At seven he should know better. I would get him some counseling. Gross.
    Anonymous

• He needs to see a counselor my son is the same age and he would be grossed out reading this. He is old enough to know better. Has he been molested?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on May. 20, 2009

• It could be that the gross factor is outweighed by his desire to get under your skin as Gremlyn said. Talk to his doctor, but I do also agree with her about the ultimatums. Perhaps if he has to clean it up, he will decide that pissing you off isn't worth it. Or perhaps he really has a problem. So I would talk to his doctor in conjunction with the ultimatums that way you get the ball rolling on a medical standpoint faster just in case. Good luck.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 8:55 AM on May. 20, 2009

• spank his butt & make him clean it up
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:47 PM on May. 20, 2009

• thank you to the two ppl that actually offered some helpful advice.
    no he was never molested! yes he is immature, like i said he just turned 7. i think he's going through something because he "was caught" trying to cut his hair in the school bathroom with his school scissors. he said he had toothpaste in his hair...he knows what he did was wrong because i talked to him about it after i had time to calm down, he could barely talk about it through his tears. he said he didn't know why he did it but, i'm pretty sure he, like you said, did it for attention(even if it's the bad kind). this is something i'm going to have to work on with him and his doctor...thank you so much Gremlyn and Mom1Stepmom1
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:49 AM on May. 21, 2009

• Definitely seeking your attention. I have 4 boys and at age seven they would not even think of doing something like that. I would look deeper, past the behavior. What is going on in his life? Is he being bullied? Has there been a change in his lifestyle? Please. Please. Please seek help for him immediately.
    satuaki

Answer by satuaki at 7:32 AM on May. 21, 2009

• there really hasen't been any major changes in his life for quite some time. i am wondering now if he isn't being bullied because he had gum in his hair and all over his neck this morning(not sure how i missed that last night) he said that some kevin kid gave it to him and that is what he was trying to cut out of his hair at school. have to wait until he gets home from school to talk to him again about it. then why is he lying to me if he's getting bullied, it seems he would tell me. i'm so upset and confused about everything right now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on May. 21, 2009