39 weeks and tired of being pregnant advice??

ok so i am 39 weeks prego and havent even droped yet i try walking but i get ligament pains so bad they can drop me to my knees i have another doctor app tomorrow hopefully he will tell me i am starting to dialate but i don't think i am wondering how others dealt with the end of pregnancy pains and the waiting game? o and this is my first pregnancy which surprises me that i havent droped already

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yeah just keep walking and you usually dont "drop" until you start dilating. If you want that thing out then have lots of sex and drink caster oil (however you spell it). I know someone who drank it before bed and then went into labor the next morning. Its nasty tho! It causes your bowels to contract which will trigger your uterus to contract.
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 10:08 PM on May. 19, 2009

• i wouldnt drink that oil stuff without talkin to ur doctor about it...
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 10:14 PM on May. 19, 2009

• caster oil hasn't worked for anyone i know...i would just stay away from it. but ive heard sex, walking, and nipple stimulation works...and they don't taste bad! I didn't have any complications at the end of my pregnancy but I pretended that I was put on bed rest for the last week or so since I was sooo tired and didn't feel like doing anything! Have people do things for you, take it easy: it's the last days of taking care of only yourself! It'll be soon, just keep reminding yourself it's all for your little one..who you will meet so soon!
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 10:23 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Drink lots of water and do gentle stretches (leg stretches and where ever else hurts). If they are tightening up on you now then they might do it during labor if you tense up. Try meditation and breathing techniques to relax and be ready.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:40 PM on May. 19, 2009

• If I could go back in time to being 39 weeks I would.....

Sleep and watch movies and enjoy my husband.

I know it hurts and you are anxious but seriously, enjoy the peace now.

I walked about 30 miles the last couple of weeks and nothing happened until my membranes were stripped on my due date.
    akress

Answer by akress at 10:51 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Ask to be induced?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:01 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Just know that you will have your little one in your arms any day now. Enjoy the rest you can get because that all changes. Your life changes when you have your baby (for the better) so enjoy the R&R while you can.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:04 PM on May. 19, 2009