Overreacting about my son's pain???

My 5 yr old has a heart murmer and tonight he was complaining of chest pain. He said that it feels like his chest is jumping. So, I called my husband he said he would take him to the dr. in the morning. I asked him if he thought he should go tonight to the ER. He said no he would take him in the morning. Well I've been up reading about heart murmers and worried about my little guy. My husband came home from work and saw I was reading about it and said Gosh I'll take him tonight. I said wait I had called the nurse on call and was waiting to hear what she thought. He said

theboysmom311

Asked by theboysmom311 at 10:23 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Health

• ER right now. What will it hurt? If its nothing then its a wasted few hours but if it something serious then you may have saved his life.
    heathernl

Answer by heathernl at 10:27 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Just thank him when he gets home. It will probably make for an easier night. Now you won't be up all night worrying and checking on your son if the ER says it is nothing serious. If it turns out it is serious, then it's good that he went in!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:28 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Sounds to me like your husband is being an inconsiderate jerk.I don't think you are overreacting at all heart problems are serious.
    Anonymous

• A mother never overreacts about her child's well being. Do what is best for your child and I hope everything turns out all right.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 10:38 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Let us know how he is. :) I don't think you are overreacting. Your hubby is worried too, just doesn't want to show it.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:05 AM on May. 20, 2009

• First of all I am confused... the way I read it (and re-read it) it seems like your hubby took him to the ER.. am I wrong? Because other people seem to be thinking your hubby didnt care (even calling him "inconsiderate" so can you clarify that one for me?

As for the heart murmur... they dont cause any symptoms but if my son were to complain about his chest hurting (with or without a murmur) I would take him in too
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:48 AM on May. 20, 2009

• well you got mad with him at first and now he is doing what you initally wanted so whats the problem. unless you stop and say hey..i changed my mind, i think it can wait he will not get it.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 5:06 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Even if you could wait until morning it's better to be safe then sorry. Chest pains are nothing to mess around with.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 5:37 AM on May. 20, 2009

• ugh men annoy me sometimes about doctors & ERs!! i was feeling funny and said for about a week i was having contractions [i'm 24 currently but at the time i was 22 weeks] yes that sounds early to have them but i havea history of preterm labor. my DH tells me to stop thinking that this pregnancy will be like my last one but we've already been told by my OBGYN that i WILL have him early. DH tells me to just lay down, don't worry about it. yea right. i get up and go to L&D and waddya know... i'm having contractions!!!! then back in jan my chest started tightening up, i couldn't breath and told him something was wrong. again "lay down, rest and go back to sleep" i was having a full blown asthma attack. NEVER had one before!!! i thought i was going to die!! i ended up going to the ER the next morning. boy did he sure feel like an ass when the ER drs asked me why i waited so long to come in. momma's just know!! GO! take him!
    RAGUmomof2

Answer by RAGUmomof2 at 6:47 AM on May. 20, 2009

• UPDATE: So, maybe I did overreact. They did chest xrays and they came up normal. My little guy was playing in the hospital bed and laughing. Atleast he is ok. Oh, Well better safe than sorry! Thanks for all the advice.
    theboysmom311

Answer by theboysmom311 at 7:20 AM on May. 20, 2009