tired of being stared at when i am out!!!!

i am 22 turning 23 in August i am engadged we live together and are getting married August 15th been together for three years i graduated nursing school last August but i look young especially when me n my mom go out and i can't wear my engadgement ring because my fingers are swollen all people do is stare at me like dam 16 year olds and being pregnant i have had people whisper things as well i just wanna scream at them i just don't understand people they think they know it all and are perfect does anyone else feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• why would you think they were saying something negative? Perhaps they are saying what a beautiful young lady with that radiant pregnancy glow about her? I think your homories are working over time. Just smile and wave.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:34 PM on May. 19, 2009

• who cares if they look at you that way..i agree smile and wave..be proud of your belly and let them know your happy about it. I'm 21 and not married and most people first ask if the dad is around.. just because I'm young without a ring doesn't mean I'm raising a child alone. I let them think what they want
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 10:39 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Buy a cheap fake ring in a bigger size.

akress

Answer by akress at 10:55 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I agree w/ the other posters. Wear a ring and look the people in the eye, and bless them w/ a loving smile.
    onlycathyo

Answer by onlycathyo at 11:01 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I get stared at a lot too. I am 21 and engaged to my baby's father but we won't be married until next summer. I don't really care if people look at me with that condescending face. I am happy that I am pregnant and can't wait to start my life with my fiance and my new little boy! As for everyone else, they can all kiss my ass. My life is probably 10 times better than their's anyways and as far as I'm concerned they are all just jealous. :)
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:15 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I know exactly what you mean. I'm 27 but look way younger. Like maybe 20. And I have a 3 yr old, a 1 yr old, and I'm pregnant. I find it easy to smile at them. Because inside I'm laughing at their ignorance.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 11:18 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I am 22 going on 23 in aug too and been with my man for 5 year and is planning on getting married on jan. 21, 2010 and ring don't alway fit right now somthing it does but I get drity look and omg and asked is that you 1st and is the father going to be in that live it makes me mad and makes me not want to go out but I just don't pay attention to them or fix myself up befor go out to look cute and smile and then they could be talking about how cute you are :) as long as you fell good who care what they think
    ashley012105

Answer by ashley012105 at 12:36 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I am 22 also, and I feel the same exact way! I actually don't like to go to the stores by myself anymore, because I was so upset about ppl staring at me. My mom told me that if women are looking at you they might be thinking "Ohh.. she's that big, and I was this many months when I was that big" type of thing.. it kinda helped me a little bit. lol
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 10:02 AM on May. 20, 2009

• im 20 turning 21 july 15th my daughter is due july 14th, My husband and i have been married since sept 08. we have been together since sept 03. were high school sweethearts. i get looked at all the time. people have actually come up to me and asked me what my parents thought of there teenage daughter being pregnant. i looked at them and said they are thrilled my husband is too. by the way my daughter is due one day before i turn 21. they usually juat say congrats and walk away. lol
    ChloeMom0709

Answer by ChloeMom0709 at 12:00 PM on May. 20, 2009