I hate to say this but WHY even bother going to a nutritionist or peditrition?

I'm just saying people are so against what they say anyways..IF you know it all don't go right?

I just think its so silly that they are trained and yet most parents don't do anything or even listen. HELLO....YOU listen to your dogs VET then your on child's HEALTH professional!

ryanlynn

Asked by ryanlynn at 10:32 PM on May. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• What would they bitch about then? ;)
    Anonymous

• You said yourself . . . they "know" it all.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:51 PM on May. 19, 2009

• *You said it yourself ..........................................sheesh, I can't type tonight.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:52 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I work in the medical field and so does my whole family, let me tell you it's a mistake to imply that you should accept the advice of your doctor without question.

Ask several different doctors their opinion on a given situation, you may get several different answers. Some answers might be based on new research, some might be based on very old research, some might be common practice not supported by research, some might be common practice contraindicated by research, some might be based on the doctors past experience, some might be influenced by your doctors personal beliefs, others might be supported by a drug company who schmoozed your doctor into pushing their product.

Doctors are just as prone to making mistakes as any other person in any other profession, there is no reason to accept everything they say without doing your own research and evaluation and asking for the opinions of other doctors.

dreyamom

Answer by dreyamom at 11:12 PM on May. 19, 2009

• So.............. I

t makes me really nuts when people suggest that you should accept all of the advice of doctors just because they went to school. Google "medical errors" and your skin may crawl.  Work in a hospital and see what an imprecise practice it can be at times.

That being said, they went to school for a long time, so why not go and see what they have to say, even if your not going to just mindlessly accept it for truth all the time.

dreyamom

Answer by dreyamom at 11:16 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Shh! Don't be silly! They read a web site. Of course they know more than their doctors.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 11:19 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Yeah....a lot of times I dont agree with my pediatrician. At my sons 5 month appointment, she told me that his teeth were coming in, she could see them, and they had 2-3 mm left to come down. At his 6 month appointment, still no teeth, and she told me the exact same thing. She also told me he was underweight, when he looked chunky to me. So when I went online, and found Growth charts for babies, and typed in his height and weight at birth, it said he was the perfect size. So I usually let whatever she tells me go through one ear and out the other.
    lynnseyfaye

Answer by lynnseyfaye at 12:22 AM on May. 20, 2009

• If I can't trust my child's pediatrician then it's time to find a new one.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:26 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Sadly, doctors tend NOT to be very good on infant nutrition. I would listen to a NUTRITIONIST...I haven't run across any that dole out bad advice on that score. But docs? Don't get me started.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:18 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I know Drs do make mistakes..ANd im not saying DO what they say,but look into it ya know..AS a mother I always to my reasearch..BUT i have been really lucky that my children had great PED that i love lol.. It just upsets me when you got a mother whos child is loosing weight or the mother who cant figure out why her child has gain so much weight and she wont listen.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 11:52 AM on May. 20, 2009