Please anyone.

I started taking Lexipro 6 days ago. I could not have an orgasm to save my life, will that be forever? I'm not sure it's worth it... It's an anti depressent. Is it this way with all AD?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Health

• Common side affect I'm afraid. BUT, I hear Cymbalta is way better for not squashing sex drive. I had the exact same experience and just went off and excercised. BUT, if you need something, take something.
    Anonymous

• I am not sure, when I was on an AD I was single so I have no basis. I hope you find out, you could call and talk to your doc. It may be that you just need to let your body get used to the AD and see what happens.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:44 PM on May. 19, 2009

• antidepressants work best as a tool in the fight against depression. it is critical to combine them with therapy so you don't have to face a life of chemicals
    you should also examine the relationship food and depression; many chemical additives can affect moods; some food allergies mimic depression.
    Good luck to you!

Answer by rkoloms at 7:08 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Yes, it's very common. In my case it's far better to not be able to have an orgasm than kill random people.
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 1:23 PM on May. 20, 2009