What are rules for foster care?

My son is currently in foster care. The foster mom has like 4 other foster kids. I want to know what are some of the rules.. Like cutting hair or taking pics. If I get enuff answers , I'll show you all examples of what I mean.

machaelasmom

Asked by machaelasmom at 10:56 PM on May. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• The rules vary from state to state. You need to check with CPS.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:06 PM on May. 19, 2009

• You should be talking to CPS, not CafeMom. Varies from state to state. I would think they can do all that a birth parent can, seeing they are the guardians of the child.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:40 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I've talked to CPS, they told me it was ok for the foster mom to cut his hair, ALTHOUGH my parents, who have custody of my daughter, could not cut her hair when they got her thru kinship care, they had to wait for me to come up to cut it.
    machaelasmom

Answer by machaelasmom at 12:42 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Why are your kids in foster care? And why aren't you parenting them full time? If your not, I don't think you have a right to say anything about how the people who are there for him are rasing him, in regards to his hair or anything else.
    Anonymous

• As far as I know here, the foster parent has basically the same rights as if they were the parent. They can do hair cuts, take pics, go on vacations, take them to the doc, ect....
    babygirl13

Answer by babygirl13 at 4:50 PM on May. 22, 2009

• HEY ANONYMOUS!
    My kids were taken because of the ASS I married and I'm in the middle of a divorce. My husband used my son as a PAWN. Basically witholding him from my family. I wasn't allowed to go to any kind of family get together when I was married to him. My parents have my daughter and I do now.
    machaelasmom

Answer by machaelasmom at 12:41 PM on May. 30, 2009