Its not that he is unable to please me, but lately well sense I had my son, I'm just not into having sex. I just don't get that tingly urge anymore. Am I broken?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• Nope, sex ebbs and flows and you're probably just focused on the new task of raising a child and are tired at the end of the day. It'll come around, could take months. Don't worry about it.
    Anonymous

• If you are i am too ....its been four months and ive not even gotten close to a tingly feeling
    nursinghannah

Answer by nursinghannah at 11:04 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Don't worry that happened to me to. It will get better over time, I really didn't even care about it until my dd was about six months.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 11:06 PM on May. 19, 2009

• the first 6 months is when most women don't even want sex. it's maternal instinct, you want to take care of your child until he's able to do things on his own, ie, crawl, eat, ect. once they have accomplished at least a couple of these things, that's when women start wanting sex more often. doctors don't recommend you seeing them unless you still don't have the urge after 6 months of having your child. don't worry. i didn't want it at all the first 6 months. i felt so bad for my dh. needless to say i got pregnant 7 months after having my son. then i felt really bad cuz i hated sex when i was pregnant. lol
    Anonymous

• I just do it anyway. Even if I don't get all tingly, it still feels good and I enjoy the closeness and feeling like I'm the most desirable woman on the earth. For me, orgasm is only one benefit of sex. Sex means alot more to men than women so having sex even though I'm not into it makes him feel loved and manly. I use lubrication and "just do it". It's a gift I can give him. It's not like he can wear it out or anything so really, it's no skin off my teeth ;)
    Anonymous

• It happens....and as far as I know it's normal...for me it took 6 months...I know, my poor DH but anyway, we slowly started getting back into it, now if we're both not tired and when DD goes to sleep, we give it a go.....it will get better :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:19 AM on May. 20, 2009