How do I help my baby's reflux/colic

My baby is 2 months old and was just diagnosed with refulx. We started Zantac today. She is already on Isomil and has redeveloped symptoms of colic even with using the gas medicine. She screamed for 5 hours today. I tried everything I can think of to calm her down. I took her on an hour drive, gave her a bath with calming baby wash, rocked her, walked her around, I even tried to sing to her (which probably made her cry harder!) I am looking for ANY suggestions!!!!

KStrasburg

Asked by KStrasburg at 11:12 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Girl I feel you. My DD was allergic to milk, soy, and had reflux. Isomil is the soy formula? If she doesn't start to improve on the reflux meds you might want to try a hypoallergenic formula. I hope your sweetie gets better soon.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 11:17 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I hope the zantac works. My son had colic for 8 solid months and I thought I'd die. Just really get a break so you don't go nuts.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:26 PM on May. 19, 2009

• organic gripe water, get it at walgreens. it shouldnt interfere with any other meds and will help the gas
    nursinghannah

Answer by nursinghannah at 11:41 PM on May. 19, 2009

• My son had acid reflux really badly, and was on zantac as well, but my pediatrician recommended the book "Happiest Baby on the Block" I found it very helpful with ways to soothe a colicky baby. He eventually grew out of it, but I feel your pain!
    coffeemom86

Answer by coffeemom86 at 12:03 AM on May. 20, 2009

• My DD had reflux also. She wasnt diagnosed until she was 6 wks old. After we took her to the ER her ped finally prescribed her Zantac and Prevacid. Within two weeks she had improbed enought to be taken off of her meds. We also had her on soy formula. Good luck to you and I do hope that things get better for you and your little one. :) Oh just remembered, DD had colic and was cranky a lot. We bought camomile tea. They are tea bags and we microwaved one in a glass and then watered it down and mixed one ounce in her bottle. She did so much better after a day or so. It calms the tummy down. We gave it to her before bed only.
    Williamswifey

Answer by Williamswifey at 12:23 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Hey,
    babytherapie.com
    Try a book called: the ultimate baby massage, massage relief for colic, gas & constipation
    It's natural and works!
    babytherapie

Answer by babytherapie at 10:29 AM on Jun. 3, 2009