Diaper Rash Ointments

In the last few days I have noticed that my daughter has gotten pretty bad diaper rash. She's close to 7 months old now and this is the worst that its ever gotten. Its even gotten sorta flaky. I was wondering what the best ointment is for it? I've been using Desitin, but it doesn't really seem to be working. Any suggestions?

DellaF88

Asked by DellaF88 at 11:15 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I always used Balmax, i think it works the best. But babies can get yeast infections, so if it gets to bad make sure you bring her to the doc.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 11:16 PM on May. 19, 2009

• i agree Balmex - i had the best luck with it aas well - and give the rash time to breathe - after going potty rub on blamex and let your baby rome free -
    AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 11:23 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I'm a huge fan of Boudreaux's Butt paste...
    romanojm

Answer by romanojm at 11:25 PM on May. 19, 2009

• The best stuff I ever used was corn starch, really. Second, when it was really, really bad, was neosporin. I reserved that for flu/diarrhea days.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:25 PM on May. 19, 2009

• take her to the doc to see if it's a yeast infection. my dd had a really bad rash for months and was prescribed nyastatin after trying a variety of creams and ointments (a&d, desitin) which failed. so i started checking out all other more natural creams which worked wonders. the aveeno cream worked well but we use method baby now. it's 95% natural and it comes in a really nifty dispenser! =p but you cant really tell what will work until you try. i recommend looking at the zinc oxide content in your creams. but aveeno and method baby worked best for us. i hope your baby's bottom gets better!
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 11:27 PM on May. 19, 2009

• yeah I would talk to her doc if it's that bad....my DD only had a slight rash one time and I use everything Burts Bees just becuase I like natural...it worked really well...
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:14 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I use Burt's Bees (smells so good!), A&D ointment, and Canus Lil' Goat's Milk Diaper Cream (smells so good, too!). I like them all a lot. Since this is a change, and a rapid one, I also suggest talking to the doctor because it might be a yeast infection. This isn't something that you can treat on your own.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 2:13 AM on May. 20, 2009