Why do people get so wrapped up in kids missing/killed news?

You can not turn on the Tv without seeing a missing or dead child anymore. First it was the Anthony child now,then there was the 8 year old killed by her friends mom now the child at the playground. I prefer not to watch this type of news, what good does it do to dwell on such negative news? It obviously is not going to do any good.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I wonder how I'd feel if it was my child that was missing/murdered/dead. :-(
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 11:22 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Or it does help because if you're the parent of that dead child, you'd do anything for a shred of info that might lead to an arrest and TV is a way to get people to think about it. But it is depressing.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:22 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Defenseless/Innocent child.

People have compassion. It's obviously something that you don't have!
    Anonymous

• I hate seeing things like that, it always breaks my heart, but I can't do anything about it so you're right there isn't any point in watching it, it actually probably gives the sickos out there more ideas on how to abuse thier children.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 11:25 PM on May. 19, 2009

• While I can't wave a magic wand and keep my kids out of danger at all times, when I hear things like this it reminds me to re-enforce what I've already gone over with my kids to make them aware of what can happen. Again, I'm not with my kids every moment of each day but I can do everything within my power not to have one of my girls faces be the one on the TV news or on the internet. So why it is depressing it's a cold hard reminder that us parents need to re-remind ourselves to do what we can for our kids and those kids around us to help keep them as safe as we can.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 11:27 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I do not worry about my kids safety. I live in a good area,we do not have crime here. When you moved to bigger citys with more ethnics you have more crime,that is a proven fact
    Anonymous

• wow anon 11:32 you need the protect your children no matter where you live there are dangerous people out there no matter where you live, and news flash white people can hurt your children too.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 11:35 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Jigga what? I'm sorry to burst your bubble but just because you think you have no crime in your area doesn't mean that it doesn't exist or that it will remain that way forever. Crazy is everywhere now, even in place you least expect it. Lock your doors.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 11:36 PM on May. 19, 2009

THATS JUST STUPID. NORMAL "CLEAN CUT" AVERAGE NON ETHNIC PEOPLE COMMIT CRIMES TOO.GUESS NO ONE HAS HEARD OF ALL THE WHITE SERIAL KILLERS OUT THERE RIGHT.ANYONE I WOULD BE HAPPY THAT MY CHILD IS GETTING NOTICED AND PEOPLE R ON THE LOOKOUT.I GUESS YOUR AGAINST THE AMBER ALERT THEN.ALL THOSE CHILDREN MISSING.ITS SAD BUT LETS NOT LOOK FOR THEM RIGHT BECAUSE IT MAKES YOU DEPRESSED? SOME KIDS ALL OVER THE NEWS HAVE BEEN FOUND ALIVE THANK GOODNESS.THERE COULD BE A KIDNAPPED CHILD RIGHT NEXT TO YOU AND WITHOUT THE ANNOYING "EXPOSURE" YOU WOULDNT EVEN KNOW
    babysyoungmom1

Answer by babysyoungmom1 at 11:37 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I never said white people dont hurt children,but from what I have seen and read it is when there are more then one race in a city crime goes up. I live in a town of only whites, and honestly there is NO crime here, unless you count getting a speeding ticket a crime. I simply do not have to worry about my kids safety.
    Anonymous