Upper back teeth coming in at 5 weeks?

It looks like mt 5 week old daughter has one of he upper back teeth coming in. Is that ok? She is fussy and SCREAMS at all times of day. She doesn't have a fever and isn't drooling excessivly. She is putting her hands in her mouth but she always does that so I don't know if that would be a sign of teething.

charlene29

Asked by charlene29 at 11:22 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• not usually normal at 5 weeks...you might wanna ask the doc. sometimes babies are born with teeth, sometimes they take them out, sometimes they just leave them alone.
    Anonymous

• I would think it very unlikely that she would be getting her molars at 5 weeks when most children don't get them until they are around a year. What makes you think it's coming in? Is it swollen?
    Some babies teeth very early (even some born with teeth) but I think it's always the the front teeth.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:02 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I highly doubt it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on May. 20, 2009

• babies can be born with "teeth" but it is just hard gums... i really doubt it is her real teeth . i tis nothing to worry about but call her dr and tell them about it ..
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:00 AM on May. 20, 2009

• It is hard and white in the back of her mouth
    charlene29

Answer by charlene29 at 12:51 PM on May. 20, 2009