Why is it NOT ok for a guy to lie about a BJ but it is ok to lie about WMD's that start a war?

Pretty self explanatory question, no? And as a side note, I hate Clinton and think what he did was wrong but had nothing to do with our nation. Just curious because it truly seems hypocritical to me. and I hate both of those people so don't think I'm trying to "take sides". Just a random question that popped into my head.

smull1

Asked by smull1 at 11:26 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• You are assuming that everyone is on board with thinking that Bush lied about WMD. I am not convinced of that, OP. Simply put, we have a fundamental difference of opinion.

Anonymous

• Thats pretty much it. The anon has it. Clinton out and out lied. Under oath.  In front of millions. There was no question about it because he confessed that he did! MANY MANY MANY people believed that he had WMDs including most of the dems. If they didn't and voted for the war anyway based on the intelligence THEY should have been voted out of office too. Yes the repubs had majority, but by what...a few votes? You didn't see massive dems voting against. They believed the intelligence. I am still not convinced he never had them or wasn't on the cusp of getting them. But hey, maybe we should have waited until he had fired off a couple and killed millions and millions....I mean it workewd out so well when we delt with hitler....

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:34 PM on May. 19, 2009

• OP. Simply put, we have a fundamental difference of opinion.

I agree.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:46 PM on May. 19, 2009

• hmm interesting question. but PPs are right, that assumes that Bush did lie about WMDs (i dont have an opinion wither he did or not). but for me the random question goes more like this: why is it okay to spend billions of dollars on a war at a country that didnt attack us, but its wrong to spend billions of dollars to help out those who cant feed their children?

i think it all just depends on what you believe is truth. also, Clinton lied under oath, Bush hasnt (that i know of).
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:53 PM on May. 19, 2009

• mmm I didn't think about the lying under oath thing. And thank you for civilized answers.
    smull1

Answer by smull1 at 11:57 PM on May. 19, 2009

• This one is easy... one is a Republican and the other one is a Democrat.
    Republicans can tell lies that cause the death of thousands and do it all in the name of God and that's fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Oh goody, it's Bash Bush time again...............................
    Anonymous

• Yeah, it's bash Bush time again. Here's a fact for you, Anon. I would bash ANY President who misled our country into a POINTLESS and TRAGIC war.
    And you know what else? People who still support Bush and all the crap he did need to have their heads examined.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on May. 20, 2009

• 11:27 How's that kool-aid?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on May. 20, 2009

• MANY MANY MANY people believed that he had WMDs including most of the dems

yeah but Bush KNEW they truth and he kept it from everyone!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on May. 20, 2009