PPD

Any of you had post partum depression after having your child? let me tell you i did after i had my son but my question is ...is how likely or unlikely is it that i will go through all that again with my next child? that is the one thing i keep worrying about. thanks for any advice mamas!

onesexymama22

Asked by onesexymama22 at 11:27 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did. I don't know what the percentage risk is but at least this time if it does happen, you'll immediately be able to identify the signs and get some help. Don't stress about it though, there's no point in worrying about something you cannot control. You may be just fine!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:29 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I did too. Your odds are higher once you've had it but I don't know the how much higher. jeanclaudia is right - at least you and your family will know what to look out for. Keep your spirits up and hope for the best!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:39 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I had it and my therapist said you have a higher chance of getting it next time. But the good news is if you want you can start taking meds before you even have the baby, it's safe. Good luck!
    Kaitlyn0816

Answer by Kaitlyn0816 at 12:01 AM on May. 20, 2009