what to do about mean 5 year old girl and her dad...

my father in law has a little girl who will be five in July. She likes to play with my 3 year old daughter. Well, today they were all outside playing in the backyard, and the neighbor boys (ages 6, 8, and 10) were all on her swing set... Apparently, she got really angry, grabbed father in law's metal trash can lids that were on the side of the house and smashed the youngest boy's head in between the lids...
I grabbed her and yelled at her, I know I probably should have left that up to my father in law, since he was out there watching them too. But all he did was laugh and tell her 'don't do that again'. No spanking, nothing. :-O

She also has alot of hostility to MY daughter too, she is a f**cking snot to her. I am not too fond of her but have no choice but to put up with her for now since we LIVE with my father in law....We're moving soon

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on May. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have said this before in a different post--but the same applies in this situation. This is gonna come back and bite your FIL really hard when this girl is a teenager. The usual excuse is,"She's just a baby" or "She was just playing". When that girl is bossing your FIL around, he's not going to think it's so "cute" anymore, but by then it will be too late and they'll have a Frankenstein monster on their hands!!
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 11:36 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Well, he'll have a nightmare on his hands if he doesn't nip this one in the bud asap. Just count the days till you move out and protect your kid!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:31 PM on May. 19, 2009

• He needs to get off his ass and be a parent. I would just watch your child carefully around this little girl and move out as fast as you can.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:22 AM on May. 20, 2009

• That sucks but you will have to watch her around your kid and hope she grows out of it she is not your child so you really cant do much sorry but it sucks
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 4:59 AM on May. 20, 2009