Does anyone else feel like you lose all dignity after having a baby?

First, you have people poking around down there for months, then everyone watches you grunt and scream and push out your baby, along with numerous other excretions. Then they measure your urine and keep track of your bowel movements. You finally get to go home, wearing something similar to your newborns diaper to help make your 6 week period more "comfortable." People stare at you like a zoo animal if your breastfeed in public and you have no qualms about talking about poopy diapers to complete strangers. After going through all this, I hear people talking about how bad pap smears are and I'm like that's a walk in the park.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Totally agree and use it over my husband's head whenever I need to. I found the whole process barbaric and antiquated. Sorry.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:47 PM on May. 19, 2009

• yesss!!! totally agree! for the first two months u feel that way! it's nuts!!! ...and then i decided to get preg again, so i could do it all over again! what was i thinking?!?!lol!
    lilysmommy23

Answer by lilysmommy23 at 11:51 PM on May. 19, 2009

• nah, i went through it twice and i'm fine. and i hate pap smears. they hurt like hell. even with everything i've been through...which was alot
    Anonymous

• I agree- I mean I got over the poking and proding-I got over the diaper and the shit counts but what i will NEVER get over is when my nurse told me and EVERYONE else around me in the room (which I told the nurse not to let anyone in there in the first place, and she neglected to listen to me) She announced that I pooped during labor- something they DIDNT need to tell me-and OR my family!
    Bitch
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 11:52 PM on May. 19, 2009

• My FIL has been really ill since Dec. He was in ICU for over a week. He was telling me how ICU really takes away any dignity that you may have left at 85. My response was "tell me about it. I've given birth 3 times." He stopped complaining.

My take on the whole thing is that if men got pregnant, transporters (like on Star Trek) would be invented already and play a huge roll in the birthing process.

balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:54 PM on May. 19, 2009

• LMAO! That is too funny. I pooped while in labor. I never saw it but it felt squishy and it was stinky! The nurse wiped me clean while I cried and apologized for eating cheerios before being induced but damnit! the baby was hungry! Yeah, dignity gone for the day.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 11:57 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I agree and many months after delivery, I still feel gross. I cry at the drop of a hat. I smell bad because I haven't had a shower since yesterday, and my hair breaks off. When I cry, I get embarrassed because my husband asks me if I am okay. When I say that I am okay, he asks why I'm crying. When I tell him that I don't know why am crying, (I am crying harder by now.) I can't tell if he is frustrated or concerned. (I might have burned dinner, the house is a mess, the baby has been crying for what seems like all day, I feel like a slob, and my hair is breaking off in handfuls, it seems.)
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 11:57 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I had 3 people in with my but when you add in the doctor and all the nurses I swear there was close to 25 damn people looking at my cooch and I was thinkimg damn why in the hell are all these people in here looking at mu cooch go check on the other women and stop checking me out for heaven sake, it was bad but hell after that I have no shame
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 12:20 AM on May. 20, 2009

• When I was in high school I was deeply embaressed by undressing in the locker room...I had a baby in the 12th grade went back in a size 7 in 3 weeks and zero stretch marks and showed the whole world my nakedness and pooped....I was proud in the locker room!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Somewhat I guess. The on call Dr. walked in dressed in blue jeans & a sweat shirt, threw on booties & gloves & 10 minutes later we had a baby. It was quick & I felt like Super Woman afterwards. I was more sick of all the prodding at the office visits-and I threw up in an exam room once & that was embarrassing. Postpartum they pretty much left me alone unless I asked for help. I think every nurse on every shift so my chest because I'd ask about latch & position everytime they walked by or were in to see my roommate.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 7:02 AM on May. 20, 2009