which baby milk formula do you recommend better?

because my lil brother and sister were taking advanced similac formula and the nurse addes rice to it and they barely turned two months and now there constipated because they were born premature at 6 months, I told my stepmom that there probably constipated because rice at such a young age is to much for there lil bodies, what do you think?

bettyboob83

Asked by bettyboob83 at 11:53 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had a premie and we used Good Start with DHA because of the constipation. I agree that giving them rice so young was a bad idea.
    Mommy2Bears

Answer by Mommy2Bears at 11:56 PM on May. 19, 2009

• rice cereal isn't supposed to be introduced until the EARLIEST is 4 months. that doc is stupid. of course their constipated! as for which one, i prefer Enfamil Lipil, it has DHA and ARA in it- nutrients found it breastmilk. it's made totaly different than all the other brands.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I also had my son early and we tried a lot of formulas. The only one that didn't hurt his stomach was Good Start with DHA.

Rice is a constipator. I wonder if the nurse is adding rice to the formula thinking it will keep the babies asleep longer? That is a myth. At two months old, they shouldn't be on cereals yet anyway.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:02 AM on May. 20, 2009

• my baby girl is 2 months and the only formula she will take is the parents choice formula from walmart. i asked the docs if that formula was good for her and she told me parents choice is the only formula she recommends it is a lot better for babies with acid reflux my daughter loves it

mrswarner08

Answer by mrswarner08 at 12:06 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Every doctor will tell you that if your baby is wanting to eat ALL THE TIME, like, every hour, that's it's okay to put rice cereal in their bottles to thicken it up so they won't be hungry as often, I did it, and my son is still alive. His weight is actually right where it's supposed to be. I give him Good start Supreme with Dha And ARA with the comfort proteins for easy digestion. He's never been constipated because of the rice, so it must vary between babies.
    lynnseyfaye

Answer by lynnseyfaye at 12:11 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I've heard of babies getting a bit of rice in their bottles because of not being able to keep it down, but other than that, babies shouldnt get rice until four months, usually. I use Good Start Gentle Plus i think it's called now. Never had any problems with it.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:15 AM on May. 20, 2009

• i love nestle good start. that's just what i happened to have first and stuck with. although, if by chance we got something else, my dd wasn't picky at all. even the recent milk transition went smoothly. and i didn't even exactly follow the rules on that..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on May. 20, 2009

• You are 100% correct. They don't need rice.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:14 AM on May. 20, 2009

• when my son was an infant his pediatrician told me to only feed him the enfamil 2 ounces every 3 hours for 6 months then after that to increase one ounce per month after 6 months, and I told him but wont he starve like that and he told me that there safer that way so they wont drown in there own milk, and not to give him rice with oatmeal till there 4 months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on May. 20, 2009

• the babies system isnt ableto digest complex food until around 4 mths at the earliest. My daughter was a preemie so she has to wait a little longer. your doctor shouldn't recommend feeding any baby at that age.
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 4:19 AM on May. 20, 2009